The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is St John's College really as bad as I keep reading.....

So I applied to St Johns (Durham). I liked the look of the college, the location on the bailey amongst other things...

After sending my application off a week or so ago I now keep reading negative things about St Johns. I believe I'm early enough to change, but does anyone have an experience of changing colleges at this stage?

Opinions? Experiences?
(edited 8 years ago)
Which John's?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Which John's?

Durham!
Reply 3
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Which John's?

This was meant to be posted on the Durham forum but somehow made its way on PS advice! I understand your confusion now.
Moved to Durham :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by *Interrobang*
Moved to Durham :smile:

Many Thanks :smile:
Original post by Cal-lum
This was meant to be posted on the Durham forum but somehow made its way on PS advice! I understand your confusion now.

Ha I was thinking Oxford or Cambridge and St John's great at both.
Original post by Cal-lum
So I applied to St Johns (Durham). I liked the look of the college, the location on the bailey amongst other things...

After sending my application off a week or so ago I now keep reading negative things about St Johns. I believe I'm early enough to change, but does anyone have an experience of changing colleges at this stage?

Opinions? Experiences?

The friends I have at John's seem to love it there. What are you worried about in particular? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anny Smiles
The friends I have at John's seem to love it there. What are you worried about in particular? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fine now I think! I just read one or two rather cynical articles which mentioned John's being bad, 'too' religious, amongst other things, but I read some more positive things on TSR from actual students this yesterday which managed to tempt me the article was probably just a load of rubbish! John's it is!

Thanks for your reply though - nice to know more people like it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest