The Student Room Group
Reply 1
roleplay? - what exam board you doing, i didn't have to do a roleplay for AS, it was a discussion based on a picture (usually a cartoon)

advice - make sure you know your presentation and associated issues really well, the examiners can pick up some really random things in your presentation to ask you about - so make sure youve gone through it and have considered anything that is left without further explanation and detail

and good luck, i was really nervous before, but as soon as i'd started i actually quite enjoyed having this conversation with a random examiner woman about the topic i'd chosen
Reply 2
I thought that the examiner was going to be your teacher. :s-smilie: Is it likely that a visiting examiner-moderator will assess you? *PANIC*
Reply 3
well for AQA it was an external examiner - but they are very friendly and come out and meet you all before the session starts, tell you a little bit about themselves so on and say a little bit in French so you can get used to their accent rather than meeting this stranger under exam conditions
Reply 4
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: Oh dear, our teacher told us that it will definitely be her... but we changed to AQA from OCR this year so she probably don't know about that. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: I'm terrified......!!
Reply 5
Is the external teacher thing the same for GCSE speaking exams??? I'm on AQA too :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Hmm, checked the specification and it said that it could either be conducted & recorded by a teacher, then marked by an AQA examiner; or it can be conducted, recorded and marked by an AQA examiner. I'm not sure whether centres can choose to have teacher-examiners or not... :s-smilie:

I'm not sure what the case is for GCSE, but as far as I know, every other person I've met did their oral with their teacher...!

(definite overload of the :s-smilie: smiley in this thread :p: )
Reply 7
Has anybody recieved the dates for when their oral is? I'm hoping mine doesn't clash with my serious revision period..
Aargh just thinking about it has got me terrified..I haven't even started my presentation yet :eek:
Reply 8
dancingbeth
Is the external teacher thing the same for GCSE speaking exams??? I'm on AQA too :s-smilie:

No for GCSE pretty much everyone does it with their normal teacher
Reply 9
Revising?! I guess I really should do it pretty soon huh? We already had a mock though and I only really learnt the presentation and got 66/70 but I don't want to rest on my laurels.

By the way, we have an external examiner and i'm on AQA. Don't know about other boards

Latest