The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Frankieos
Ahhh thank you so much!! :smile: I assume you got an offer then, congratulations!! :yay:

Thank you! :biggrin: Good luck with your offers, do you have a favourite out of the places you've applied to? :smile:
Reply 61
Today I got application acknowledgement emails from Leeds, Sheffield and Exeter. How long after did you guys get offers/interview invitations?
I've got offers from Angila Ruskin and Roehampton acknowledgements from Essex (marine biology), Sussex and Canterbury Christ Church (animal science), anyone heard anything from Sussex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I've been looking through my old emails and thought I'd let you guys know that last year I had an acknowledgement email from Exeter on 19/11/14 and got an offer on 19/02/15. So I wouldn't expect them to be quick
Original post by TomC_97
I've been looking through my old emails and thought I'd let you guys know that last year I had an acknowledgement email from Exeter on 19/11/14 and got an offer on 19/02/15. So I wouldn't expect them to be quick

Really? Even if they've started making offers for other courses early?
Reply 65
Original post by egilford
Really? Even if they've started making offers for other courses early?

Yeah, zoology is by far the most popular course in Penryn. I was in a group for offer holders and I'd say over 60% were for zoology.
Original post by TomC_97
Today I got application acknowledgement emails from Leeds, Sheffield and Exeter. How long after did you guys get offers/interview invitations?

Hi! I applied to Sheffield for zoology on the 01/10 and got an offer around the 23/10 (or 28/10, can't quite remember).

Will Sheffield be by any chance your first choice? It is mine and I kinda want a course bestie XD
Reply 67
Original post by ramo_howin
Hi! I applied to Sheffield for zoology on the 01/10 and got an offer around the 23/10 (or 28/10, can't quite remember).

Will Sheffield be by any chance your first choice? It is mine and I kinda want a course bestie XD

Oh cool, so they're replying quite quickly then. You didn't get asked for an interview then? It's my second choice, Leeds is my first. But obviously if Leeds reject me then I'll be your course buddie :P
Original post by TomC_97
Oh cool, so they're replying quite quickly then. You didn't get asked for an interview then? It's my second choice, Leeds is my first. But obviously if Leeds reject me then I'll be your course buddie :P

Sheffield doesn't ask for interviews for some courses. For example, I think they sometimes do for Biochemistry (but I just got a direct offer haha) and I don't know what other courses.

I got invited to a department open day though, 2nd February!
Reply 69
Original post by ramo_howin
Sheffield doesn't ask for interviews for some courses. For example, I think they sometimes do for Biochemistry (but I just got a direct offer haha) and I don't know what other courses.

I got invited to a department open day though, 2nd February!

Oh, awesome, glad I won't have to go all way up there for a chat. Congratulations on your offer :smile: I'd definitely go to one of those offer holder days, just don't want to take a day off work for an interview.
Reply 70
Is anyone applying to Newcastle or Hull? Not sure where i'm apllying yet but I was thinking of Newcastle, Hull, Derby or Lincoln, what do you think?
Reply 71
I got offers from Sheffield and Birmingham after 3 weeks :biggrin:

Original post by kattoo
I got offers from Sheffield and Birmingham after 3 weeks :biggrin:

Congratulations! I'm going to Sheffield, will it be be of you choices?
Just got an interview for manchester, anyone else got an interview or applied?:smile:
Reply 74
Possibly, its 3rd on my list so far

Original post by SophyJones
Just got an interview for manchester, anyone else got an interview or applied?:smile:

Hi! I just had my interview for zoology today at Manchester so if you have any questions feel free to ask!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlypi
Hi! I just had my interview for zoology today at Manchester so if you have any questions feel free to ask!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it went well! What type of questions did they ask you? ive heard they're pretty relaxed, is that true? Am quite nervous for mine!!:smile:
Reply 77
I got an offer from Sheffield today :smile: I also got an offer from Bristol on Tuesday. Hopefully the others will be quick as well
Original post by SophyJones
I hope it went well! What type of questions did they ask you? ive heard they're pretty relaxed, is that true? Am quite nervous for mine!!:smile:

Yeah they are really laid back and informal! You have no reason to be nervous at all, you'd have to really screw up to not get an offer! All my interviewer asked me was "why zoology?" And then he went on to ask me things I discussed, like what's the importance of evolution. He mostly did all the talking about the course and what I could do with the degree afterwards. Just make sure you be enthusiastic about zoology and you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentusername_
My first choice is going to be Southampton and I'm anxiously waiting for an offer (I haven't got any yet from Southampton, Birmingham, Nottingham, Liverpool and Reading), checking my emails constantly! Just wondering if anyone has an offer and how long did it take? It's been 5 days so far for me :smile:

I got an email from the Biological Sciences department at Reading about a week after I sent my application in which basically said that the science department had recommended that the faculty give me an offer. Then about a week later it came through on UCAS, so 2 weeks altogether? Good luck with your other unis!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending