The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Hello all! My UCAS application should be being sent off by my school tomorrow -
I'm applying for Zoology at Southampton, Reading, Sussex, Bristol and Cardiff :smile:

I was wondering if anyone has received any Zoology offers at these uni's yet? Or any zoology offers at all for that matter as I can't seem to find a Zoology thread this year ^.^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sent my UCAS application off at the beginning of the week applying to zoology but haven't received any offers yet! I've applied to southampton, reading, nottigham and the university of Exeter penryn campus! (2 courses) :smile:
I've applied to Sheffield for Zoology but got no reply yet (sent it on first day lol). However I've got an offer for Biochemistry from the same uni. Also waiting for Biology at Sheffield too
Original post by chibrule
Hello all! My UCAS application should be being sent off by my school tomorrow -
I'm applying for Zoology at Southampton, Reading, Sussex, Bristol and Cardiff :smile:

I was wondering if anyone has received any Zoology offers at these uni's yet? Or any zoology offers at all for that matter as I can't seem to find a Zoology thread this year ^.^

Original post by igrant98
I sent my UCAS application off at the beginning of the week applying to zoology but haven't received any offers yet! I've applied to southampton, reading, nottigham and the university of Exeter penryn campus! (2 courses) :smile:

Hi,

Hopefully Reading will get back to you soon..

I am currently doing geography at Reading but one of my friends does Zoology. She really enjoys it, and has got to do a range of practicals, which I have also found quite interesting. For example she got to go bird-watching for one of her modules. We also have the Cole Museum of Zoology on campus which has over 3500 specimens which they display around 400 at a time, its really interesting and is a great resource to have access to as part of your course. Here is the link to the Zoology at Reading and it also has a link to the museum page https://www.reading.ac.uk/biologicalsciences/ug/biosci-ugbsczoology.aspx

Also Reading is a great campus, so offers you a lot as well as just a really good course. Our campus has a green flag and lots of different places to explore, such as our Harris gardens and the Wilderness. There is lots of wildlife, so yesterday I saw a fox just wondering near the lake and we saw a deer in the Harris Gardens.

Also if you are interested in different clubs and societies, there are over a 150 in fact. Here is the link if you want to have a look at what we have to offer. https://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/ .

I hope I've kind of told you a bit more about Reading, and feel free to ask me any questions about student life, the campus or zoology at Reading.

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geography
Original post by auroraborealice
Today I got an email from the admissions tutor at Reading, basically saying that they've confirmed my place but will send me the final details of the offer in the next couple of weeks, and that they were impressed with my personal statement and experience :biggrin:

Wow! Congratulations, if you have any questions about campus, accommodation or student life, feel free to ask me, as I am a currently a student at Reading so I should be able to help. But in short its a really good campus and I am really enjoying my time.

But feel free to ask me any questions

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer
I have a Zoology offer from the University of Sheffield as my firm offer :smile: they requested an AAB with an A in biology and a B in chemistry or maths
Reply 6
Congrats! How long did they take to reply? Do you have to get an A in bio, I've applied but only will manage a B:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Also I've applied to Bristol, Birmingham and notts
Original post by kattoo
Congrats! How long did they take to reply? Do you have to get an A in bio, I've applied but only will manage a B:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you talking to me? If so, as I stated, they require an A in Biology, yes. As for time scale, it was about three weeks I think
Hello,
I sent my application 3 weeks ago to Lincoln, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham and Reading and have had offers back from all of them but Nottingham :smile:
Reply 10
I have got offers from southampton and reading so far! Same happened with me for reading! I got an email from the admissions tutor a couple of days ago but got an official offer today!
Hi! I've applied Zoology at Roehampton and Sussex are my top 2! So far I have an offer for Roehampton, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi guys,

I'm applying to Leeds, Sheffield, Exeter, Bristol and Manchester and my application should be sent off tomorrow morning. I really hope I don't have to wait long for replies.
I sent my application off on the 23rd to Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, Cumbria and Nottingham Trent.

I've got an interview for Manchester but haven't heard anything from the other universities yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Charlypi
I sent my application off on the 23rd to Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, Cumbria and Nottingham Trent.

I've got an interview for Manchester but haven't heard anything from the other universities yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one is your first choice?
Original post by TomC_97
Which one is your first choice?

Manchester, I went to the open day and loved it so much, it was awesome! What's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Charlypi
Manchester, I went to the open day and loved it so much, it was awesome! What's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was impressed by the open day there too. But my first choice is Leeds, the modules there really appeal to me more, evolution and whole organism zoology instead of a lot of genetics. Good luck with your application!
Reply 17
Did you apply for zoology at Exeter's penryn campus or just biological sciences at their main campus?
Reply 18
I applied for the Zoology one, it's a good course but it's just so out of the way down in Cornwall. That put me off a bit
Reply 19
Yeah I know what you mean! I loved it there when I visited and it's such a good course but the only thing putting me off is the distance!

Quick Reply