The Student Room Group

How can people eat pig (ew)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TTWNGCBC
I'm not a big fan of pork... Or meat in general really. But I've got no special vendetta against it.

I DO wish we could grow meat in a laboratory though so animals don't need to suffer and die. Surely we must almost be at the stage of being able to do this, given we can grow organs from a few cells? Sorry if I'm being dumb here - I got my A* in biology GCSE then promptly forgot everything after dropping it :P

EDIT: Just googled and omg people are actually working on this!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23576143

What would happen to the animals we kill and torture? Let them free? Half of them won't survive in the wild because they have been genetically modified farm use... I do find growing meat in the lab quite interesting though :smile:
It's really disgusting, I have no idea how anyone can eat that filth.
Original post by Onde
I believe Americans eat approximately equal amounts of pork and beef, and even greater amounts of chicken. If Muslims forbid pork but allow beef and chicken for hygiene reasons, then clearly there is something wrong in their argument. (...Never mind the risks from vegetables, fruits, and dairy products...)

If people are "way more careful" with chicken, you wonder why the qur'an does not give a guide on proper hygienic practice.

Well when the Quran was written there wasn't a salmonella risk in chicken because battery farming didn't exist. Back then chicken was probably one of the best meats to eat in terms of likelihood of getting I'll - you would have even been able to eat it pink. Pork on the other hand is a common carrier of tapeworm, which is pretty grim.
'cos we clearly have a fetish for pig ****
Right, so... they eat their own faeces... so faeces run through their bodies... I wonder if there are any other animals that contain faeces???
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
They eat their own s***

Posted from TSR Mobile

On occasion however Rabbits & Guinea pigs literally eat it all the time, and eating just rabbit meat causes serious health implications you don't get with pork so....haram em all or none, don't be speciesest lol.
Original post by Onde
Not really an issue unless you eat the pork raw. Also, if the concern is about pigs being unhygienic because they allegedly eat their own excrement, why does the same logic not apply to anything that excretes excrement? There is no direct link between an animal's orifices and the way it produces flesh from food.

Well at least the whole no shellfish thing us consistant with excrement eating... Or instant just Judaism?

Also rabbits eat their own poo. Can you eat rabbits in Islam??
Reply 67
shutup dumbass, bacon is great.
They eat their own s***

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything's made up of things that are recycled and reshaped, just try not to think about it.

Although, if you want a counter-argument, I'll probably argue that dead organisms are buried in the ground and transformed into nutrients or something through decomposition or something which are then absorbed by plants who spread them causing the particles of the dead person to fly through the air and stuff, when the plants grow we either eat it or it gets eaten by an animal we eat. Sooner or later, we're going to eat particles from that dead organism, transformed or not, it's still that particle so, y'know, just try not to think about it.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by NPFTW
shutup dumbass, bacon is great.

Great for getting cancer, ye true

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's processed/ cured/ smoked meat in general (including Pastrami, a Beef product), that have been linked to cancer. It's not to do with the fact they're pork products, it's their method of preparation (the added salt/ preservatives). Normal Pork (chops or roast) is no worse for you than any other red meats, and is probably leaner than Beef or Lamb. Poultry and fish are leaner than Pork, Beef or Lamb though.
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not particularly - the incidence rate rises by less than 1% to just under 6% if you're eating plenty of processed meat. It's a relatively miniscule risk. Besides, it's worth it because it tastes beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest