The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Anthropology at Edinburgh?

I'm currently applying to do Social Anthropology, and one of my uni choices is University of Edinburgh.

I really love the university, and the city and I was captivated by the subject talk on the open day, I really would love it if I could go there.

The only problem that is nagging me is how low Edinburgh rates in the tables for Anthropology, with low student satisfaction etc. so I would really love to hear from some Edinburgh students that study Social Anthropology/know people that do and could tell me about their experiences with it! It would be so much help I'm really stuck!

Thank you!!
I saw somewhere that it was to do with slow feedback on work but I'm not sure. I'm in the same position as you and am interested in finding out why it's so low because currently it ranks lowest of all my options on the league tables yet is my first choice!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I'm studying sociology and social anthropology, and I'd say I'm satisfied with the course :smile: the lectures are not as organised as my outside subject (philosophy) though, but I guess it's more about the nature of the subject than the teaching. Feedback was fine, but it depends on your tutor, ie my anthropology feedback was really good and I know from the feedback what I need to improve, but in contrast the sociology one was terrible and the tutor didn't really say anything helpful. But it's not about the course, depends on the tutor really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending