The Student Room Group

southampton, birmingham, loughborough, coventry, nottingham, de montfort, sussex

I really dont know what unis I should apply for, They all do what I want to do
I want to do psychology,but I really want to know what your experiences at these unis are. What is the social life like? Sports facilities?
im predicted AAA

southampton
birmingham
loughborough
coventry
nottingham
de montfort
sussex

thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,Good choice of course, the course we offer at DMU is accredited by the British Psychological Society and can help open up a variety of different career paths such as Police Servicing, Teaching and Social Work;You can study the course on its own or look at studying the degree as a joint honors programme ;http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/psychology.aspx

As a DMU Alumni graduating in the last two years and now working as a member of staff, I can give you an idea of what it is like to study at the University from my experiences.Studying at DMU was a great opportunity for me to study a degree which I had a huge interest in which was Radio. The course was a great way to pursue my passion along with meeting new people from different parts of the country and make use of the radio facilities DMU have such as Radio & Recording Studios.

My first year of University I lived in DMU accommodation which was only a 5 minute walk from the campus, 2nd year myself and a few friends rented a house before moving back to private accommodation for my third year.There is so much do to in Leicester, with the Highcross Centre the main shopping area in Leicester with all of the top branded shops located within the centre. There is also a food court which backs onto the Highcross Centre with all the familiar chains of restaurants to choose from.

Leicester has a vibrant night life with lots for students to do in an evening, from cinema, bowling and sometimes the Highcross offers something called a "lock in" which is night purely for students which will give discount on some of the stores within the centre.As DMU is located right in the heart of the city centre, you are only a stones throw away from accommodation, Highcross Centre and access to public transport such as the local bus & train station.

As we are based in the centre of Leicester we only have the one campus and are not spread across the city.DMU has a wide ride of Sports & Societies which you can get involved in whilst you are studying, and we have just opened a new centre called the Watershed which will provide more space and facilities for DMU sports & societies teams;http://www.dmu.ac.uk/dmu-students/sport-and-societies-at-dmu/sport-and-societies-at-dmu.aspx

Really hope this has giving you a better insight to the University and the student experience.

You might be interested to know that we have a University Open Day coming up in the next few weeks and also in January. The day will give you a real insight to the University and the course you are interested in studying;http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/open-days/open-days.aspx

Any other questions you have feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to help

Danny
Original post by ricefarmer
I really dont know what unis I should apply for, They all do what I want to do
I want to do psychology,but I really want to know what your experiences at these unis are. What is the social life like? Sports facilities?

southampton
birmingham
loughborough
coventry
nottingham
de montfort
sussex

thanks!

Hi ricefarmer

As you'll see on your campus tour next week, Loughborough is all based on one huge single site campus.
Accommodation is on campus as are the sports facilities which are second to none and a huge social scene with so many things to do you'll be amazed.

There over 100 societies, 55 sports clubs,a state-of-the-art media department with its own TV station, radio station,recording studio and student magazine, and an incredible night club venue on campus, so you'll never be short of anything to do.

The only person who can choose where to go is you - you're going to spend the next 3 or 4 years at the place where you choose so you need to be happy.
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest