The Student Room Group

Opinions LGBT

So what are your opinions on LGBT.

Tbh this has never bothered me im a muslim myself but don't have a issue with people being LGBT. My bestfriend is bisexual and people assume she jumps on every girl whereas i belive thats not true because you can say the same thing about straigt people. For example, a straight boy jumps on every girl they see. So I don't judge... And its simple i dont know why people have a big issue with LGBT. Like my school wont allow us to have a lesson on it because they think the students will react a lot.. And say LGBT is wrong.. Etc and i think that it wrong because kids should be able to learn it and know its life and theres people in the world like that..

Please do not hate..
Just remember "sticks and bones may break your bones, but words and names can make you want to kill yourselves".

Scroll to see replies

it's awesome
I try not to judge anyone apart from myself
Reply 3
Well I mean. I'm not exactly straight myself so being against the LGBT community would be a touch hypocritical of me. My way of thinking is, if it's between consenting adults and it's not hurting anyone, then you do you.

But yeah, this should be something spoken about in schools. The more educated people are, (hopefully) the less hatred they'll harbour.
We are fabulous
Reply 5
Original post by driftawaay
We are fabulous

I'm not sure what that smiley is, but I feel it on a spiritual level. :tongue:
Original post by Scitty
I'm not sure what that smiley is, but I feel it on a spiritual level. :tongue:

It's gay cat, the star of internet forums with high gay populations
Reply 7
I am very apathetic towards it all.

As in, I don't really care what anyone's sexuality is because it doesn't define who they are :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by driftawaay
It's gay cat, the star of internet forums with high gay populations

Beautiful.

I'm gone with the wind fabulous and always will be.

I have Pink hair and love it.

You see much more than this on the streets of Malmö
I don't really get why people are homophobic at all - it's none of their business and they're not affected in any way possible. Just let people be. Nobody is getting hurt. If it's not for you personally then that's great, just don't interfere with other peoples right to love.
Reply 11
There are far more interesting things to learn about a person than their sexual preference. I worry for the bigoted people who spend absurd amounts of time thinking about it, or who dictate that personal worth/morality is based upon who you're attracted to. In the near future no one is going to give a damn about it and the concept of 'coming out' will be redundant - I look forward to this.

This also applies to the people whose personalities revolve around their sexuality...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aliendays
I don't really get why people are homophobic at all - it's none of their business and they're not affected in any way possible. Just let people be. Nobody is getting hurt. If it's not for you personally then that's great, just don't interfere with other peoples right to love.

High 5!!
Original post by Yeshua saves
I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead, and I consider the Bible to be the Word of God. According to the Bible, homosexuality is against God. Therefore, I believe homosexuality to be sinful.

I do care about people participating in a homosexual lifestyle, and I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to love even our enemies, but I do not believe homosexuality to be okay.

So LGBT is our enemies? Isn’t religion supposed to be peaceful and promote love and respect?
Original post by Professional G
So LGBT is our enemies? Isn’t religion supposed to be peaceful and promote love and respect?

I didn't state that people who identify as LGBT are our enemies, I just stated that I believe our Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to love our enemies. However, I do believe the LGBT lifestyle to be wrong.
Original post by Yeshua saves
I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead, and I consider the Bible to be the Word of God. According to the Bible, homosexuality is against God. Therefore, I believe homosexuality to be sinful.

I do care about people participating in a homosexual lifestyle, and I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to love even our enemies, but I do not believe homosexuality to be okay.

Gosh you must really care about those dastardly LGBTs to want to search for a 3 year old thread about them :eek2:
only thing that pisses me off about lgbt is the t , when we are expected to call them a pronoun which their gender does not actually define with and also the group of ppl inside the lgbt that state there are 2 genders even though a lot of ppl that are part of the lgbt say themselves there are only 2 genders
Yes, I think I probably do wear clothing woven of different material. I am not an expert on the Bible by any means, and I don't know how exactly the ceromonial laws worked, but I am not sure that those ancient Jewish laws still apply to us, especially as our Lord Jesus Christ has paid the punishment for our sins.

The reason I consider homosexuality to be wrong is because both the Old Testament and the New Testament speaks against homosexuality, and I believe that Mark 10:5-9 may imply that marriage is to be between one man and one woman.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CoolCavy
Gosh you must really care about those dastardly LGBTs to want to search for a 3 year old thread about them :eek2:

Well, actually I just came across this thread, I didn't deliberately search for it.

At the time I posted my previous posts, I didn't realise the thread was 3 years old, I thought it was recent (my fault for not checking the date of the thread).
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending