The Student Room Group

Best time to send out speculative Summer applications?

It's notoriously difficult to get a Summer job back home where my 'rents live (no luck other than a couple of weeks temping for the last 2 Summers) but I am still going to send out some speculative applications before I return from America, hoping that I get lucky this year.

I'm going to try both office type work that I used to do before uni and retail places - does anyone know when is the best time to do it? Now or should I wait closer to the time? I won't be back in Ireland until around May 10th.

Thanks in advance - rep as always!
I think it best to send them out as early as possible but indicate on the Cv or application form the date/Month your looking to start.
Reply 2
You need to be doing it ASAP really. What with Easter coming up places will probably be starting to look at more staff, as sopn as the holiday is over they will most definately be looking for more staff for the summer. Ive even seen jobs being advertised already but just depends what area you live in. Primark seem to be advertsing as do Next. If you've done office work before it might be worth picking out a few recrtuiment agencies in your area and keep an eye on their websites to see what sort of vacancies come up, then nearer the time contact them and tell them what you're looking for.
Reply 3
Apply now, May is only about a month away and by the time applications have been read and processed it will be May. Leaving it too late leaves you with less options.
You should apply now. I was thinking the same thing about getting a summer job, and they said that they don't open applications until first week of May...! But if you apply now, you could get ahead of the game and it should be fine =)

Latest

Trending

Trending