The Student Room Group

Vigilante Group Catch Paedophile In Sting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3286591/Moment-Dark-Justice-vigilantes-caught-newlywed-paedophile-trying-meet-11-year-old-girl-sex-grooming-dating-site-WhatsApp.html

What do we think of this?

I think they are doing a public service and should be funded.

MY OPINION WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF IT BECAME VIOLENT.
I'm conflicted about this. I'm not a big fan of vigilantes, but if they have simply forwarded the investigation onto the correct authorities, I am more ok with it. While in this case, it seems pretty straightforward with the man admitting what he had done, it will not always be that simple.
They only met the guy and then the police arrested him and he was subsequently sent to jail.

surely this has only got to be a good thing?
I love this! We need more vigilantes. I don't understand how they aren't funded.
I couldn't stop looking at the building in the background, it's where I work lol.

I think it's a good thing if it doesn't turn violent. The police don't have the time to investigate everything so if people want to do that job for them and hand over the evidence why not?
Couldn't agree more.
'Vigilante' is such a loaded term...it implies a small group of people running around playing 'Judge Judy and executioner'...that's not what these guys are doing at all.

They collect evidence and pass it on to the police who then process it like any other complaint of a crime being commit.

They can't even be accused of 'entrapment' because all the groups I've seen wait for guys to make first contact and then never actually discuss sex...

It's all 'yeah' 'cool' 'maybe'...the paedos totally talk themselves into trouble...

The only decent argument I've herd against this kinda thing is that when the police set up stings they have a 'suicide prevention plan' in place...whereas these guys have to let the perv go and he could trow himself under the next bus he sees...

I must admit I have very little sympathy...of course for the family they leave behind... but to be honest if my dad was a nonce I probably would rather he top himself?

So yeah I am pretty supportive
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending