The Student Room Group

Got a question about uni? Check here before posting!

Hi

Welcome to University Life, the central discussion for all things university!

So that your thread can be answered quickly by the right people, it's important that you post your thread in the right place. We don't want to leave you hanging! :no:

Check out this list of common uni queries and see where your thread should go:

Accommodation
* Please do not give out any of your contact details or addresses on TSR, these will be removed. *

I'm looking for accommodation
Check out the Find your Flatmates forum!

I'm advertising accommodationIf you're an individual advertising accommodation, post it in the Find your Flatmates forum. Please note that your thread will need to be manually approved first. Estate agents or landlords are not permitted to post on TSR.

I'm not fitting into student accommodation!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that, you should check out the Student Accommodation forum and post a thread if you need advice.

I'm going to be a fresher soon and I want to know who's going to be in my flat!
People often post their halls info in their uni forums. We do not advise that you post your halls address in the public forum as anybody can see this. Facebook is generally a better way to achieve this as there'll be private halls groups. :yy:

I have a general accommodation query or issue...
You should check out the Student Accommodation forum and post a thread if you need advice

Applying to University
* You should never post even part of your personal statement on TSR or the internet, if you do then you may have to rewrite the entire thing *

What's the best university for this subject?
You should post this in that subject's university course forum, or the closest one to it.

What's better, University X or University Y?
Unless it's a subject you're after, it's really hard for TSR to be able to answer this. You should check out the University Choice section of TSR (coming real soon!), in the mean time you should check out our Applying to Uni content.

I need advice on my personal statement and uni application
We have our dedicated Applications and UCAS forum that will suit you just fine. Remember not to post your personal statement!

I need advice on writing my personal statement...
You should visit the Personal Statement Advice forum! Remember not to post any part of your personal statement please!

Student Finance

All queries about student finance should be made within our dedicated Student Financial Support forums.

Postgraduates

We've got new forums for postgrads! If you're applying for a Postgrad course then you should look at the Postgraduate Applications forum. If you need some study support, we've got that covered too in our Postgraduate Support forum.

Laptops and Technology for University

This belongs in the Laptops, netbooks and tablets forum please! You're guaranteed expert, non-biased advice from the TSR Support Team. :smile:

University Specific Queries

Often we get questions that are university specific. University policy is wildly different and so it's better for you to either ask the University directly (in person) or ask your question within the University forum. Here's all of our university forums. If there's not a specific forum for your uni, PM me and I'll look into creatine one for you. :smile:

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest