The Student Room Group

Official M5 Edexcel Thread June 2016

Scroll to see replies

You are all GODS
Original post by jamestg
You are all GODS

I know, other then zacken he just lurks on here he cnt handle M5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.png
Reply 83
Original post by Insight314
@TeeEm,

How long does it take to self-study M4 and M5? I am half-way through FP3, and I want to have at least 1 month of grinding past papers before May/June exam time. As far as I know, there is not that much content in those two modules, is there? It is more about applying the pure knowledge from FP2 and FP3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends on how you self study, an estimate is around 90 hours to cover the material without any exam practice
Around 150 hours in total
Original post by tinkerbella~
image.png

18th of August is the day.
Me vs Zacken. He gets an extra 10 marks cause Im a year ahead but ill still beat his dumb asssss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
depends on how you self study, an estimate is around 90 hours to cover the material without any exam practice
Around 150 hours in total

What do you mean "without any exam practice"? Isn't working through the questions in the textbooks considered exam practice?

M4 without relative motion literally takes a few days since 4 chapters literally take no knowledge and just a apply FP2 and resitution mixed with M3. Relative motion depends how good your geometry is.
All in all in a Month you can be exam ready learnt both modules, I say this to you since you prob have the ability to do so.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, I see. Thanks guys!

The thing is that I think I am kind of obsessed with doing all the questions in the textbook. I've talked to Zacken about it and I have started to skip most of the repetitive and "mindless" questions. How did you learn M4/M5? Did you skip most of the Exercise questions, and just did the questions at the end of each chapter?

Spoiler

Reply 86
What do you mean "without any exam practice"? Isn't working through the questions in the textbooks considered exam practice?

Definitely not in my "books"
18th of August is the day.
Me vs Zacken. He gets an extra 10 marks cause Im a year ahead but ill still beat his dumb asssss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be nice to your little fangirl
Reply 88
@TeeEm,

How long does it take to self-study M4 and M5? I am half-way through FP3, and I want to have at least 1 month of grinding past papers before May/June exam time. As far as I know, there is not that much content in those two modules, is there? It is more about applying the pure knowledge from FP2 and FP3.

There's almost no FP3. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile
luv ur banta
Original post by tinkerbella~
Be nice to your little fangirl

**** it. Og's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't working through the questions in the textbooks considered exam practice?

There are loads of past exam questions in the review exercises in the Edexcel Mechanics books. It's worth doing lots of them.
2nd order DE comes in there twice i think aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where g
does any one know where i can find the mark scheme or model answers for the m5 june 2015 paper
Reply 95
Original post by kappadetta
does any one know where i can find the mark scheme or model answers for the m5 june 2015 paper

I may have done solutions
Original post by TeeEm

whats your answers for numbers; 1, 2, 4, 6 &7
Reply 97
Original post by kappadetta
whats your answers for numbers; 1, 2, 4, 6 &7

Give me a while to dig them up
Original post by TeeEm

what are you answers for 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7
Reply 99