The Student Room Group

How to get a placement shadowing an audiologist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honeylooloo
Along with the same reasons you said and plus the university that's the closest to me that offers the course, isn't very good.

Okay :smile:. Didn't u consider applying for other courses including Audiology?

You can apply for 5 courses. .

Have you started your Personal Statement?
Original post by Uz25
Okay :smile:. Didn't u consider applying for other courses including Audiology?

You can apply for 5 courses. .

Have you started your Personal Statement?

You do have the option to apply for any five courses, but for me i think it's best to keep the courses the same (or very very similar). There's only one personal statement (obvs) and it looks abit all over the place if your personal statement isn't headed in the direction of a specific course.
I've started my personal statement, just got a few more things to edit, you?
Original post by honeylooloo
You do have the option to apply for any five courses, but for me i think it's best to keep the courses the same (or very very similar). There's only one personal statement (obvs) and it looks abit all over the place if your personal statement isn't headed in the direction of a specific course.
I've started my personal statement, just got a few more things to edit, you?

I haven't fully started cuz I haven't finalised my courses
Have you contacted Boots? Wherever you apply, don't say you want a 'work experience placement' because they'll immediately associate you with a year 10 student who they'll have to baby for a whole week, and will probably say "no" straight away. Instead, ask if you can shadow an Audiologist for a day (you can always ask for more days if they say yes). People on the phone will almost always say no because they're probably just receptionists, but if you post your CV and a cover letter there's more chance of people in higher positions considering you. If not you could go to the store and ask to speak to the manager. If you're 18 then make sure you tell them this, because some places don't allow under 18s to work there, even for work experience. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending