The Student Room Group

I can't feel morally right about contraception

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiratiunculae
ahh you'll mature in due course :wink:

get back to me when you're pregnant.

Oh I bow to your infinite wisdom.
Now sod off you little cretin and go have a bunch of obnoxious little children.
Original post by SophieSmall

I long to cum deep in your cervix. :smile:
You are sat in front of a computer screen typing pixellated words onto an electronic screen. Is that not against nature?
I long to cum deep in your cervix. :smile:

No you pathetic little creep.
Okay first of all that was painful to read, felt like rambling rather than formed sentences.

Everything you're saying is just complete nonsense. Get a grip.

In other words, personal insults because we have different values in life and I don't share your view. You may say having a kid would make you miserable, that is impossible to know or quantify until you've done it, and I would suggest there is a deep unease subconsciously if you live your whole life never having whole hearted sex, risking it in full knowledge it could happen, putting a contraceptive barrier up, not to mention an emotional one, to never conceive. Why else would so many anti-having kids women be so shrill, and so eager to justify it, and so angry at those who have made no real insult to them, other than having a different view.
Selfish too.

It's more selfish to being an unwanted into the world.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
And maybe if condoms weren't around, as in the past, because of that sex took on more significance, and was thought about seriously. It wasn't something to be insecure about and show the world you were having endlessly with no kid, act desperately to prove you were having. This wasn't a bad thing, yes some modern development is good but in other ways people were happier in the past.

This part is to many replies, more general-
I have been anguished about whether to have sex with no condom, that I was all but offered, but that was different-the attraction was huge, the compatibility was like it was screaming fertility-that's a dilemma between great sex with someone you think the world of, and you know you'd want it naturally with-it's just comes down to whether you want to take the plunge and (not necessarily have) but risk a kid. When it's social kudos sex, to do with stigmatizing, and pleasing authority, and I have to produce the contraceptive relationship to the world, which I know will end, I have only minimal dilemma-everyone does it , thinks I should and I'm nuts, I know it's a stupid pressure and is futile. And probably could be thought of as gay for it. It's pathetic.

I totally agree with you.
No you pathetic little creep.

:smile:

Pass my best wishes onto your future children. You come across as a young girl; give it a decade, and you will be a parent of many wee sprogs. If you need help with the conception aspect... :biggrin:

See, you are starting this discussion from a virulent anti-kids viewpoint, and revealing that your hatred and possible insecurity clouds your objectivity. The people with kids or wanting them are more moderate to the other side, you are not in the other direction.
In other words, personal insults because we have different values in life and I don't share your view. You may say having a kid would make you miserable, that is impossible to know or quantify until you've done it, and I would suggest there is a deep unease subconsciously if you live your whole life never having whole hearted sex, risking it in full knowledge it could happen, putting a contraceptive barrier up, not to mention an emotional one, to never conceive. Why else would so many anti-having kids women be so shrill, and so eager to justify it, and so angry at those who have made no real insult to them, other than having a different view.

Difference in views are fine, but yours aren't consistent and don't even make any sense.

My shrillness has nothing to do with not wanting to have kids.

Surely calling other immoral is an insult, which you have very clearly done by saying you find sex not resulting in children immoral.

Though I'm not about to whine about being insulted on a forum.
Reply 50
Okay first of all that was painful to read, felt like rambling rather than formed sentences.

Everything you're saying is just complete nonsense. Get a grip.

Actually, when women reach their mid thirties, their fertility starts to decline. Women often do wait too long to have children and end up having to go through the heartbreak of IVF, which is often unsuccessful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:smile:

Pass my best wishes onto your future children. You come across as a young girl; give it a decade, and you will be a parent of many wee sprogs. If you need help with the conception aspect... :biggrin:

I will not have children, and I'm older than you. You've just finished your A levels you cocky tit. Don't pretend to be high and mighty.
Original post by Katty3
Actually, when women reach their mid thirties, their fertility starts to decline. Women often do wait too long to have children and end up having to go through the heartbreak of IVF, which is often unsuccessful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes some women do that, no doubt that. But OP is claiming he is being FORCED to wait, he isn't. He has options to date women who want children now. But he wants it all his way and now, well life doesn't work like that.
Original post by Romulus Augustus
I totally agree with you.

Appreciate it.. The specifics of an era and it's wisdom can drive someone who thinks about it objectively and has another perspective a bit sick of it and frustrated to say the least. It's good to know I am not the only one who has had these thoughts.
I will not have children, and I'm older than you. You've just finished your A levels you cocky tit. Don't pretend to be high and mighty.

I can also play the stalking game; I am rather good at it actually. You mentioned that you were struggling at uni because it's "chemistry advanced", how's it going now? I wonder whether all that frustration has climaxed here; whether you need to get something off your chest. In any case, in terms of not being a Darwinian failure, I am high and mighty. Checkmate and bye bye.
See, you are starting this discussion from a virulent anti-kids viewpoint, and revealing that your hatred and possible insecurity clouds your objectivity. The people with kids or wanting them are more moderate to the other side, you are not in the other direction.

haha sure.

No. I'm not antikids. I'm perfectly happy for others to have kids and I am very happy for friends and family I know who have had children, I just highly dislike others telling me to have kids when I very clearly know I don't want them.

Children are one of the few decision in life that people force on you and if you don't want them you will "change your mind" or "don't know what you're on about". It is extremely patronising.
I can also play the stalking game; I am rather good at it actually. You mentioned that you were struggling at uni because it's "chemistry advanced", how's it going now? I wonder whether all that frustration has climaxed here; whether you need to get something off your chest. In any case, in terms of not being a Darwinian failure, I am high and mighty. Checkmate and bye bye.

It went well I came out of first year with a 64% average.

Lol. sure mate.
It went well I came out of first year with a 64% average.

Lol. sure mate.

Evidently, English grammar was never your forte.

Surely calling other immoral is an insult, which you have very clearly done by saying you find sex not resulting in children immoral.

No, not at all. I said I don't feel morally right about it. Didn't say what that said about other morality. Only those with totalitarian instincts seem to think their own personal morality should be the worlds, of whom there are seemingly quite a lot nowadays.
I was describing how the gulf between my own morality and perceptions and received wisdom causes me distress and unease.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
Whereas most people have ambiguities about abortion, so that far into copulation/conception somewhere on the scale is where most people say, the interference of nature's course is wrong.

Well, I'm sure you won't feel the same way if you suffer a heart attack and need CPD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending