The Student Room Group

Conscription UK people(Poll)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Saftvare Jarb
I'd rather fight for ISIS than our lot. Soldiers are nearly all former louts/ne'er do wells, I dont see why we go through this ludicrous mawkish nonsense every November putting these pastry faced yobs on a pedestal.

ISIS capture children and use them as sex slaves. They also behead innocent people - people working as AID/refugee workers. They put people in cages, douse them with gasoline, and set fire to them.

These pasty faced louts and ne'er do wells don't come close.
No. I wouldn't fight for a nation that doesn't consider me one of their own.
Reply 42
I'll go but only if I can be in a M*A*S*H unit.
Reply 43
Quite interesting results here. 73% say no and only 27% say yes.

It would be interesting to see those "Daddy, what did you do in the war?" posters after WWIII. "Stayed home" would be the answer from most it seems!
(edited 8 years ago)
Same old boring cliches from the same old type of internet wind bags, perfectly happy to spout utter nonsense from behind their protected walls, but daren't have the balls to do the protecting themselves. Worthless opinions.

Situation is moot anyway. It wouldn't happen. Wars aren't fought like that anymore.
Reply 45
The problem with conscription is that it takes young minds away from fields of science and art, and interrupts peoples careers before they even begin.
Original post by Ohtereeitsfarah
Wphat about women what do we do? :battle:

Get off your backsides and fight like the men.
The Tamil women and Kurdish mixed gender brigades are showing how there is no reason for women not to fight either alongside men, or in their own battalions..
Other than being used to being cosseted for years, there is no reason why not.
Full equality all the way. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending