The Student Room Group

Arsenal will win the league this season

Genuinely think they'll do it this year.

Best goalkeeper, a solid defence, the best set of attacking midfield options in the league and 2 strikers in good form. Their inevitable early exit from the CL might help them - in previous years their inevitable RO16 defeat has led to their season falling apart.

Their squad is now full of winners. Cech's won everything with Chelsea, Ozil and Mertesacker won the World Cup, Sanchez was in a fantastic Barcelona team, Welbeck learnt from the best at United, Cazorla's played in the best Spain team ever to play the game and of course they've won back to back FA Cups.

There's also a lack of competition. City are their closest rivals and they aren't great. United will be let down by Van Gaal's tactics, and they've already smashed them 3-0 anyway. Arsenal very rarely drop points away to bottom half sides and they've now learnt how to play the big boys.

This is Arsenal's year

Scroll to see replies

Yes we can
Provided we dont get many injuries:redface: and if we keep our form
Tottenham if they strengthen in January.

Quote me.
Reply 3
Are you for real?
Arsenal aren't consistent enough to win.
Reply 4
They'll choke as they always do. But I'm not writing them off because everyone else is so ****ing **** right now and they might choke harder than Arsenal.

City favourites though.
Too early to call, City - Arsenal - United are well matched tbh any one of them can win it
Sr90 you are the most short-sighted mother****er on this forum smh
Reply 8
Isn't that what they said 2 seasons ago and consequently ended up 4th?
Think City will, though I'd prefer Arsenal
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Sr90 you are the most short-sighted mother****er on this forum smh

Is it short sighted when they've been the best team in the league since Christmas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. If they're still in with a shout in March and haven't bottled it then fair enough.

Had them in the predictions thread, the way things are going I could end up with a full house of correct predictions :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by sr90
Is it short sighted when they've been the best team in the league since Christmas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well,personally I do think it's a bit short- sighted not that I would have chosen that phrase.

Because to some extent whether Arsenal win the league will depend on whether

a ) they qualify for the CL ko stages edit and how far they progress if they do

b ) whether City qualify and how far they progress

c ) whether Aguero stays fit or for how many key games he stays fit

d ) the results between City and Arsenal ( they haven't played yet have they ?cant remember)

The fact is Arsenal are definitely on my radar as a serious betting man but 2-1 are the approximate odds.

If anyone thinks they have a greater than 50% chance then clearly they are ( almost certainly ) misguided

But if someone merely thinks that they have a better than 33% chance then fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
nope theyll mess up and finsih third united will finish second city first quote me
Well thanks for jinxing it.
Reply 15
Sr hit his head whilst playing FIFA confirmed.
Welp that's our hopes of winning the league over then, you know you stand no chance when sr starts predicting good things about your team. Worst predictor on this forum.

Still waiting on that guaranteed 20 goals from Deeney this season but I guess at least he's off the mark now 10 game in eh?... Oh and that comfortable victory united were meant to have against us at the emirates, because lvg is "a big game manager".
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeaaah... No.
Yeh you will, here's hoping Hutch changes the script and send a few of ur players home early for Christmas
Original post by sr90
Genuinely think they'll do it this year.

Best goalkeeper, a solid defence, the best set of attacking midfield options in the league and 2 strikers in good form. Their inevitable early exit from the CL might help them - in previous years their inevitable RO16 defeat has led to their season falling apart.

Their squad is now full of winners. Cech's won everything with Chelsea, Ozil and Mertesacker won the World Cup, Sanchez was in a fantastic Barcelona team, Welbeck learnt from the best at United, Cazorla's played in the best Spain team ever to play the game and of course they've won back to back FA Cups.

There's also a lack of competition. City are their closest rivals and they aren't great. United will be let down by Van Gaal's tactics, and they've already smashed them 3-0 anyway. Arsenal very rarely drop points away to bottom half sides and they've now learnt how to play the big boys.

This is Arsenal's year

Sheffield Wednesday

Quick Reply

Latest