The Student Room Group

Why is Zyzz such an iconic figure?

Don't get me wrong, the guy was shredded, but there are people with much better physiques out there, natty and not so natty.
Can only assume it was his lifestyle, but I can't see how that's a reason for someone to be such a big figure in the bodybuilding community.

#staymirin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Don't get me wrong, the guy was shredded, but there are people with much better physiques out there, natty and not so natty.
Can only assume it was his lifestyle, but I can't see how that's a reason for someone to be such a big figure in the bodybuilding community.

#staymirin

He's not a big figure in the bodybuilding community. He's a big figure in the bodybuilding.com community. There's a big difference.

And that's simply because of his lifestyle, personality and standing on the forum.
i...i don't know :dontknow:
Original post by e aí rapaz
He's not a big figure in the bodybuilding community. He's a big figure in the bodybuilding.com community. There's a big difference.

And that's simply because of his lifestyle, personality and standing on the forum.

Haha! Very true. I don't really go on there often, but I certainly see where you're coming from. Is Jeff Seid big on there then? He seems to be cut from the Zyzz cloth.
Just like zyzz, some of them hate Jeff and some of them love him.
Honestly it was because of what he represents.

He was a typical nerdy socially awkward guy who only had one gf who wasn't really into him who decided to become more and for a few years he lived an incredible life of casual sex and hard drug use. There is a slight element of nerd revenge fantasy too, he often turned down girls, called them sluts for no real reason and said he would never lower himself to ****ing such a woman and that is probably the ultimate male>female powerplay.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, he was shredded and able to achieve a ridiculously low body fat whilst carrying a lot of muscle. However, that's far from the reason why people idolise him, he was your typical geeky underdog who transformed himself and his way of life.

He will never have the same impact that Arnold had in terms of his physique, but it's not an overstatement to say he influenced a generation and changed the face of contemporary bodybuilding (for better or worse).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal

He was a typical nerdy socially awkward guy who only had one gf who wasn't really into him who decided to become more and for a few years he lived an incredible life of casual sex and hard drug use. There is a slight element of nerd revenge fantasy too, he often turned down girls, called them sluts for no real reason and said he would never lower himself to ****ing such a woman and that is probably the ultimate male>female powerplay.

Seems like he turned into a ****ing a**hole if you ask me.

That's where his trolling antics prevailed, he said time and time again it was all just a persona.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal

lmao sounds like the misc section
Haha! Very true. I don't really go on there often, but I certainly see where you're coming from. Is Jeff Seid big on there then? He seems to be cut from the Zyzz cloth.

I don't know. I don't go on there. I only know about zyzz through the internet though (sites like TSR). I've never heard anyone in real life talk about him.
Original post by King Leonidas
That's where his trolling antics prevailed, he said time and time again it was all just a persona.

Hmm, not convinced but you seem to know more than I do so I'll take your word for it.

"He's not an *******, he just acts like one"

Ohh, that's cool then!
Original post by e aí rapaz
"He's not an *******, he just acts like one"

Ohh, that's cool then!

I didn't say it was cool, my initial response only looked at his more philosophical approach to life (i.e. being kind to others, being the best you can be and pursuing ambitions).

You telling me a few cheeky comments he made in jest will negate his overall character? Trolling is about rustling jimmies, it seems as though your jimmies have been rustled.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Understand I not this.
He is to gym bunnies what Zoella is to teenage girls, they need an icon to aspire to.
Also, how the **** did h guy weigh 220lbs/107kg (Wikipedia)?! Appreciate he was tallish but looks 190lbs/95kg max.
also when someone dies people idolize them
I didn't say it was cool, my initial response only looked at his more philosophical approach to life (i.e. being kind to others, being the best you can be and pursuing ambitions).

You telling me a few cheeky comments he made in jest will negate his overall character? Trolling is about rustling jimmies, it seems as though your jimmies have been rustled.

I don't really know about him specifically, my point was that being an ******* and having the persona of an ******* aren't really two different things.

He never said he was nice, but he was interesting as a person.

Quick Reply

Latest