The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Hello everybody!

I've applied for Management, received an acknowledgement on the 16th October! Now just waiting for a response.

How about you guys? :u:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wanted to apply to Strathclyde to study Pharmacy, sent e-mails to the MPharm contact listed on their website on 21/08, and have been ignored for over two months.

Good luck to everyone else interested in studying here, lol.

I know that I'm not. :biggrin:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Sent my UCAS application away two days ago and have just received a conditional offer for Politics! So happy :biggrin::ahee::excited:
Sent away my application on November 4th but didn't receive a conformation email from Strathclyde! Just logged on to my UCAS track to see I've been given an unconditional for Politics and Economics which I received last night (6th of November)!! :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by miacat
Hello everybody!

I've applied for Management, received an acknowledgement on the 16th October! Now just waiting for a response.

How about you guys? :u:

Still deciding whether to apply or not (though the university looks cool).
Reply 5
Original post by rachwright26
Sent away my application on November 4th but didn't receive a conformation email from Strathclyde! Just logged on to my UCAS track to see I've been given an unconditional for Politics and Economics which I received last night (6th of November)!! :colondollar:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're so lucky,what have You done to get unconditional? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rachwright26

This makes me want to cry oh my god I would love an unconditional from Strathclyde, it is definitely the best course I've applied to (in terms of ranking for Business & Management and the course content)

Original post by kkboyk
Still deciding whether to apply or not (though the university looks cool).

Did you look around? It's the only one I didn't get to see of my 5 because it was an off the cuff decision - I always loved the look of the course, but my parents had always said no to Scotland - then on results day they change their mind - so it was too late for open days as this one clashed with Manchester which I had already booked on (and ended up not liking anyway)
Reply 7
Original post by miacat

Did you look around? It's the only one I didn't get to see of my 5 because it was an off the cuff decision - I always loved the look of the course, but my parents had always said no to Scotland - then on results day they change their mind - so it was too late for open days as this one clashed with Manchester which I had already booked on (and ended up not liking anyway)

No I live too far and its very expensive for me to go and have a look by myself.
I've applied for forensic and analytical chemistry on the 3rd of November but they haven't even sent an acknowledgement email! should i be worried or did others just get offers without acknowledgements? im starting to panic a little now
Reply 9
Original post by chemnerd123
I've applied for forensic and analytical chemistry on the 3rd of November but they haven't even sent an acknowledgement email! should i be worried or did others just get offers without acknowledgements? im starting to panic a little now

same with me..
Original post by Patka97
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're so lucky,what have You done to get unconditional? :smile:

Thank you!! I'm super happy!!:h:
I got AAAAB last year in my SQA highers, the B being the brutal maths exam
Original post by arbeide
Sent my UCAS application away two days ago and have just received a conditional offer for Politics! So happy :biggrin::ahee::excited:

O brilliant!!! What are your conditions???? Also what do you have at the moment??? 👍
Reply 12
I'm thinking of applying for Politics! Has anyone heard anything about what the accommodation is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Cinnamon Bun
O brilliant!!! What are your conditions???? Also what do you have at the moment??? 👍

Thanks. :smile:
I just have to obtain a C in National 5 Maths since I already have the required Higher grades - I got AAABB, Strathclyde ask for AAAB. No other conditions so I'm very happy about that.
I've applied for History and Politics. I feel a bit in over my head as I got ABB in my Highers, I'm sitting 2 more plus an advanced this year so I might scrape a conditional.
(edited 8 years ago)
I live in NI and thinking of applying for HR. Igot ABB in my as and was 1 mark of a A in one. Is any other irish going over?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by chemnerd123

Don't worry the admissions team will get to everyone and you will get a response, granted each department can take longer than others, shouldn't be too long :smile:

I waited until like March to get my offer a few years ago.
Reply 17
I sent my application 5 days ago for International business with modern languages and French and Spanish. Still waiting for a response.
I'm applying for Primary Education, I sent my UCAS on 23rd October and got my offer on 29th🙊 Also from Northern Ireland.
Applied for Computer Science, sent my UCAS off 24th Nov. Currently waiting on an acknowledgement, never mind an offer, I'm a little nervous.

Quick Reply