The Student Room Group

Jobs for people with low IQ/Zero talent

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SmashConcept
Chances are if you managed to do that stuff you are not that stupid, just not cut out for academia/white collar work you're not interested in. I was in the same situation and ended up welding, haven't looked back. Try and find a hobby that can also potentially be a job, and make it your job. That's my advice.

So what should I apply for?
Original post by Kasa
I am worried that i might be over qualitifed with my master's degree

That's your advantage, might gain a promotion quickly and become a team leader/supervisor or something. You'll never know until you try hun x
Reply 22
Original post by samina_ay
That's your advantage, might gain a promotion quickly and become a team leader/supervisor or something. You'll never know until you try hun x

thanks babes.
Reply 23
Original post by hihihihihi
Okay I feel bad now, sorry...

What would your advice be?
Original post by Kasa
thanks babes.

Hospitals are good places to start too! and they usually do get back to you aswell, (give you the opportunity for an interview) try ward clerk/lab assistant etc
and for the interview, come across as really positive - and why you want the job, link your experiences to the job, your passions and what you like about the company, you should get in somewhere--don't give up x
Original post by Kasa
So what should I apply for?

I'm not convinced you read my post.
Original post by Kasa
What would your advice be?

Hmm, are you good at instructing people? My dad doesn't even have a single GCSE and is a driving instructor/owns a school and makes about £70k/year but he used to be in the British army though... I come from asia so that's why he didn't have a chance with school.
Do not give up. There are many people in your boat. Its quite if not nearly impossible to get jobs these days. Are you interested in jobs that are overseas? You could apply for those types of jobs. What about working from home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Kasa
Made me smile, but please be serious. I am pouring my heart out here.

Customer services is great for thickos, they read from a script so theres nothing to remember. Anyway, there are tons of jobs for people denser than a neutron star. Local government is good if you don't mind lots of tedious meetings and lowish pay.

Thick people have other qualities employers like such as good time keeping, reliability and getting on with colleagues. They are just as important in the real world of work than being able to pass a few exams.
Reply 29
Original post by SmashConcept
I'm not convinced you read my post.

Sorry. Yeah hobbies sound interesting.
Not sure what that hobby should be
Reply 30
Original post by Maker
Customer services is great for thickos, they read from a script so theres nothing to remember. Anyway, there are tons of jobs for people denser than a neutron star. Local government is good if you don't mind lots of tedious meetings and lowish pay.

Thick people have other qualities employers like such as good time keeping, reliability and getting on with colleagues. They are just as important in the real world of work than being able to pass a few exams.

I would apply for it, but I have Aspegers.
Have you considered crime or perhaps football?
Reply 32
Original post by Life_peer
Have you considered crime or perhaps football?

Please stop
Reply 33
How long's your penis?
Original post by Kasa
Please stop

You're the one asking for suggestions… :dontknow:
Reply 35
Original post by John55
How long's your penis?

You're the one asking for suggestions… :dontknow:

Please stop trolling... and be serious... I am feeling very low.
Original post by Kasa
Please stop trolling... and be serious... I am feeling very low.

Subjectively bad or ridiculous ideas don't necessarily mean trolling, you know… While I was joking about football, granted, I was serious about crime. There are many forms and even simple people can make decent money out of it. But fine, I won't be trying to help you any more…
But you're still academically probably smarter than a heck load of the population.

Don't give up yet; you may not have just found your niche yet.

Original post by Maker
Politician, journalist, customer services.

For that. (+1 for that.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Subjectively bad or ridiculous ideas don't necessarily mean trolling, you know… While I was joking about football, granted, I was serious about crime. There are many forms and even simple people can make decent money out of it. But fine, I won't be trying to help you any more…

Id rather be homeless than scam innocent people. What's that matter with you?
Maybe...start a small business....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending