The Student Room Group

Can I do this?

So it turns out my grades will probably be alot better than my offers for university (my first choice should be Brunel for Law ABB.) Is it possible to defer this offer as an insurance and then reapply via UCAS next year and aim a bit higher with my hopefully higher grades? I wanted to go QMUL for law and economics (BBB) but I didn't get an offer due to my GCSE maths grade which I am re-doing this year. I am on course for AAB for A level though so you can imagine how anoying it is that GCSE maths in holding me back. So is my plan of reapplying next year viable?

Thanks
I almost suffered from the same problem as I am retaking GCSE Maths. As far as I know you can only defer universities as your firm choice in order to take a gap year. That said if you are sure you do not mind waiting another year I would go for it. You might find it is possible to get in somewhere even better than QMUL. I have nothing against QMUL, They are a very good university. Although Brunel is what I would still class as a good university.
You can reapply through UCAS next year, but you wouldn't be able to hold any offers, so you'd have to withdraw on results day.
Reply 3
ah damn, well thanks for your replys guys, I'll have to give it some thought.
hmm - you could try going to this uni and then transferring? - its a long shot -but ask the uni whether they accept transfer students and what the necessary procedures are
Reply 5
Oh yeah good idea, thanks
no problem :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending