The Student Room Group

Would the uni accept this qualification as compensation for slipping a grade?

Hi everyone!

I got an offer fo AAB from uni of Manchester to study international business, finance and economics. I am on target for this, however im really worried that i may slip a grade.At the open day the admissions tutor said that due to so many people applying the likelihood of them taking any less than AAB was little.

At AS i got a Distinction NVQ Level 2 in Enterprise which accounts for 20 Ucas points surely this is more important than geography (the subject im worried about slipping in). Do you think they would accept AAC and this qualification?If not im just gonna have to work really hard!Its my dream to go there!

Arrh the stress!
Reply 1
The only way to find out for sure is to ask them, by e-mail or phone, but don't expect failure before it's happened: work hard first, then worry about 'compensation' later, if you do miss the offer. It may not look very good if you phone up asking for leeway now. Good luck with getting that B. :smile:
Well, AAC + 20 UCAS points is technically worth the same as AAB and the extra qualification is relevent to your course, so they might, but if they've got enough people who met their offers, they won't be able to, so it all depends how everyone else does. It would be worth ringing them up on results day and telling them about it if they don't already know, but don't rely on it; work as hard as you can to meet the offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending