The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Hey guys,
I need your advise. I want to apply to Oxford Brookes University for Business Management - Marketing program. Anybody knows how is the academic reputation of Oxford Brookes?
Thanks in advance :smile:.
Reply 1
From what I've heard, the academic reputation of Oxford Brooke's is not great. Is there any particular reason you want to apply there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by owenj4
From what I've heard, the academic reputation of Oxford Brooke's is not great. Is there any particular reason you want to apply there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmmm, but I think it's world ranking rises up in the last 3 years, it raised about 70 places from 2012

actually I will graduate from diploma degree and I want to complete my studying there to get a bachelor.

are you sure it's academic reputation is not that great? because I see the university improving rapidly. Do you recommend any other university that it's as same as fees of Oxford Brookes
Reply 3
Take a look at this http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business%20%26%20Management%20Studies

This is a table of universities ranked for "Business and Management studies"

Oxford Brooke's ranks 55th. There are loads which rank higher for this particular course. To name a few: Bath, Loughborough, Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Nottingham. I hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3abdoinjection
Hey guys,
I need your advise. I want to apply to Oxford Brookes University for Business Management - Marketing program. Anybody knows how is the academic reputation of Oxford Brookes?
Thanks in advance :smile:.

It's considered the best of the 'new universities' - many of its degrees are highly rated as they have good employment rates.

For example, F1 recruits more graduates from OB than any other uni ...
Original post by owenj4
Take a look at this http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business%20%26%20Management%20Studies

This is a table of universities ranked for "Business and Management studies"

Oxford Brooke's ranks 55th. There are loads which rank higher for this particular course. To name a few: Bath, Loughborough, Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Nottingham. I hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very helpful, thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
It's considered the best of the 'new universities' - many of its degrees are highly rated as they have good employment rates.

For example, F1 recruits more graduates from OB than any other uni ...

That gives me hope for this university, I will apply to UCAS and see what will happen, do you have any suggestion of other good universities but their fees are not greater than 14,000 pounds per year? I'm an international student by the way :smile:
Reply 7
Hi, I have applied for a similar course, I went to the open day was very impressed with the lecturer, the campus is nice and modern and seems to always be improving.

I received an unconditional offer yesterday and I am very pleased with how organised they have been.

Good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending