The Student Room Group

Am I right to feel scared?

Poll

Am I right to feel scared over the rapidly increasing Muslim population?

My mother is French and my father is British. I live in London and about 1 month ago I went to visit my home town near Lyon. The last time I'd visited was around 5 years ago, so I was shocked when I saw what had become of it. Originally, Muslims accounted for around 5% of the population and it was a rarity to see a hijab. Now it feels as though I'm walking in an Islamic country! The area has turned into a sh**hole with crime on the rise and the area looking rundown. I couldn't believe how quickly the demographics had changed. There wasn't a single white person in sight, and this is France .The same thing has happened in Marseille with 40% of the population Muslim and now is considered the most dangerous city in Europe. I've recently found out that 40% of the children (0-20) being born in the South of France are Muslim and to top it off there are now more Mosques than churches.

What's scaring me is that the same thing is now happening with my area in London. The Muslim population has doubled within the last 5 years. Originally, I thought the Islamification of Europe was scaremongering, but now I realize that it's becoming a reality. I feel scared. Surely it will get to the point where Muslims are democratically voted in and we see the introduction of Sharia legislation into British law.
"Originally, Muslims accounted for around 5% of the population and it was a rarity to see a hijab."

I thought the hijab was banned in France now?
Reply 2
Original post by Daftpunker
"Originally, Muslims accounted for around 5% of the population and it was a rarity to see a hijab."

I thought the hijab was banned in France now?

That's what I thought as well, but 90% of the women I saw were wearing them?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending