The Student Room Group

Insurance choice dilemma

Although not currently faced with the problem, I realise at some point I will have to discard three choices (assuming I get 5 offers). I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Leeds, Warwick and St. Andrews to study Maths and Philosophy.
For obvious reasons, should I get an offer from Oxford, it shall be my firm choice. However, I cannot decide on my insurance choice. I have narrowed it down to Warwick or St Andrews and I cannot decide. I'm leaning slightly towards St Andrews as the entry requirements don't seem as stressful but I'm not entirely sure...

Please help :smile: Thank you.
Original post by TaigaStudies
Although not currently faced with the problem, I realise at some point I will have to discard three choices (assuming I get 5 offers). I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Leeds, Warwick and St. Andrews to study Maths and Philosophy.
For obvious reasons, should I get an offer from Oxford, it shall be my firm choice. However, I cannot decide on my insurance choice. I have narrowed it down to Warwick or St Andrews and I cannot decide. I'm leaning slightly towards St Andrews as the entry requirements don't seem as stressful but I'm not entirely sure...

Please help :smile: Thank you.

Why waste mental energy now? Especially as you could undoubtedly be putting it to better use?
Firstly, there's no need to worry about working this out yet.

Secondly, your insurance choice should always be a university which you would be happy to go to if you miss your firm university's offer. Beyond that, it should be a uni that has given you a lower offer than your firm, so that you have some leeway on results day.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

Quick Reply

Latest