The Student Room Group

Has anybody ever done a literature review?

I am nearly half way but I am struggling to write up a methodology. I have stated that I am doing secondary quantitative research because of the sensitive nature of the topic (is this right?!) and how do I compile the studies together before I do the conclusion?! It's based on care providers giving careworkers adequate training to ensure safety of the residents. I have mentioned a specific case study mentioning neglect - can I add in the lack of training that they receive, then write in my conclusion and recommendation that they need to get more training or do I do the recommendation separate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simply review all the literature which is relevant to the case or theory etc. starting very broad, and ending specific tying in with what you're doing.
Original post by hellodave5
Simply review all the literature which is relevant to the case or theory etc. starting very broad, and ending specific tying in with what you're doing.

Thanks, so do I basically just combine all of my findings and use opinions (obviously backed up by another author)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly92xo
Thanks, so do I basically just combine all of my findings and use opinions (obviously backed up by another author)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah its basically all the relevant background needed to understand your proposition :smile:
This is separate to other sections, such as results though, which is where you report your findings usually (in psychology at least)
Original post by hellodave5
Yeah its basically all the relevant background needed to understand your proposition :smile:
This is separate to other sections, such as results though, which is where you report your findings usually (in psychology at least)

Cool thanks :smile: I can use subheadings so I will add results to that to make it easier to identify! Thanks for your help :smile: I can't rep you at the moment as I'm using my phone but when I use my laptop I will :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly92xo
Cool thanks :smile: I can use subheadings so I will add results to that to make it easier to identify! Thanks for your help :smile: I can't rep you at the moment as I'm using my phone but when I use my laptop I will :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to find some kind of template for your field... but that's the general gist :smile:. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest