The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are you doing any other subjects? If not, it might be possible, but obviously a huge amount of work with all 6 units. If you start now, you've got about 2 months until the AS exams and then between a couple of weeks and a month until the A2s, but remember that you need to learn all the material, do all the revision and do past papers in that time. What sort of subjects are you good at?
totally depends on how many subjects you are taking as kellywood says
If you are planning on doing subjects like bio and chem, i actually don't think that it is possible. If its math, it may be very possible.
Reply 3
I wouldn't be doing any of the sciences, something like Sociology, Law, English Language etc.

I will be doing 2 modules in Psychology and the 6 General studies modules but I am not doing any work for the General Studies.
ahh i see -
so you are going to be doing only psychology then? well if thats all - then yeah, work your butt off for general studies then
but out of curiosity -why do general studies?
Reply 5
I am doing General Studies because it looks easy, it's another A level which the university I want to transfer to after the foundation course accepts the only problem is my offer doesn't include it so I need to do another.

The 2 Psychology modules are AS.
i'm sorry but now i'm confused
okay, so you want to do this a level coz its easy - but the uni you want to transfer to doesn't include it in the offer it made to you- but what do you mean by: doesn't include it so i need to do another.

Okay, so you are already familiar with those units - so theres no reason why you can't pull this off then :smile:
Reply 7
If its for any subject then do Critical Thinking its a skill based subject and not a knowledge based one, I managed to do the AS in the space of a term whilst studying for my three other A2's.
Reply 8
I've only glanced at this thread so forgive me if I repeat something / state the obvious, but sociology, psychology and English all do coursework at A2, plus psychology may be easy to learn but it's very hard to remember all the studies and theories for the exam, so you'd be better off doing something like Critical Thinking, as suggested by ChrisF.
Reply 9
It is NOT possible. 6 Units in 1 month? are you dreaming?
Abra

Course it's possible, with determination.
I'm sure it is possible if you put in all the time in that month....would be a lot of work though, if you really want it and do the work i dont see why not :biggrin:
Reply 12
Abra

There's a little longer than a month anyway like kellywood pointed out.
If you do Critial Thinking, General Studies full A levels you can surely scrape 100/240 points required?
So if I've understood correctly, you're already doing 2 modules of AS psychology and a full A-level in General Studies and now you want to pick up another full A-level? That's an awful lot of work, but I suppose it might be possible if you're not going to do any work for General Studies. I can't speak for law or English language, but even though you can do an exam option instead of coursework for sociology, there's an awful lot of content to learn for each module. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to attempt all 6 units in 2 months! If there's also an exam option instead of coursework for A2 psychology, why not do the extra 4 units in that and get a full A-level instead of just an AS? That way you'd only be doing 2 A-levels instead of 2 and an AS and you're already familiar with the subject. If not, Critical Thinking would be a good option instead if the uni will accept that.
Reply 15
I have a similar problem, I need another E in an A level to meet my offer:s:
Reply 16
I'm in the same position Josietta!

I have to decide between German or Politics.. both of which require long essay writing and (in the case of German) an oral!

I've not studied at all for German - but I've already got an AS in it.

Politics I've already studied a bit - but I've had no practice essay writing.

Of course it's possible.. but the question is... whether or not you want to put yourself through the (extreme!!!) stress? lol.
Reply 17
I would have thought although you have done an AS in German, Politics would be easier because of the German oral.
Reply 18
True, KirstinX.

But now I've found out that I need two A-levels (they first told me that one more would be fine, then I e-mailed back to double-check and now they're saying two):s-smilie:

I really don't know if this is possible.
Reply 19
It is definitely possible. I finished Core 4 and M1 in 2 weeks. So to do all the modules in maths, which is 6, it will take you approximately 2 months.

Latest