The Student Room Group

University Responses

I just sent my UCAS application in today, and I was wondering how quickly universities seem to be getting back with students. Is it true that non-EU applicants get a response much sooner? Also, what universities are generally quick about responding? Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShelGroo
I just sent my UCAS application in today, and I was wondering how quickly universities seem to be getting back with students. Is it true that non-EU applicants get a response much sooner? Also, what universities are generally quick about responding? Thanks in advance!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3671199

These are the universities that seem to be responding quickly :smile: Which country are you from?
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3671199

These are the universities that seem to be responding quickly :smile: Which country are you from?

Thanks for the link. I'm from the USA!
Thanks for the link. I'm from the USA!

No problem :smile: Awesome, I wouldn't be able to go to another country for University - way too scared haha! Although I'm considering Canada for the semester abroad...
Which universities are you applying to?
Reply 4
No problem :smile: Awesome, I wouldn't be able to go to another country for University - way too scared haha! Although I'm considering Canada for the semester abroad...
Which universities are you applying to?

Everyone always asks me if I'm scared when I tell them I'm applying to universities aboard. 😜 I applied to Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews 😁
Everyone always asks me if I'm scared when I tell them I'm applying to universities aboard. 😜 I applied to Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews 😁

Oops, sorry! :frown: I've applied to Cardiff and Birmingham too! Which course?

I got an offer from Edinburgh in 2 weeks i think, they are reasonably quick.
Reply 7

I think that non-EU aplications get a response slower because of the different exams and they have to look at your whole application more then they would with a traditional UK one where for some uni's it can be a tick-box prosedure as to weather someone's accepted or not.

Edinburgh might ask you to fill out a bunch of forms, or at least they did for me :P Aside from that I think they are pretty fast!
Reply 9
Oops, sorry! :frown: I've applied to Cardiff and Birmingham too! Which course?

International Relations at Birmingham and International Relations and Politics with a language at Cardiff. You?
International Relations at Birmingham and International Relations and Politics with a language at Cardiff. You?

Politics & Sociology and Social Analytics & Politics at Cardiff (I applied to 2 because I love Cardiff and I wasn't sure which course I preferred) and Political Science & Sociology at Birmingham :smile:
Reply 11
Politics & Sociology and Social Analytics & Politics at Cardiff (I applied to 2 because I love Cardiff and I wasn't sure which course I preferred) and Political Science & Sociology at Birmingham :smile:

Did you visit either Birmingham or Cardiff? I'm visiting in mid November, but what was your take on the campuses and the atmosphere at them?
Did you visit either Birmingham or Cardiff? I'm visiting in mid November, but what was your take on the campuses and the atmosphere at them?

I have visited both - I live about 50 minutes' train from Birmingham. I did love the campus in Birmingham - it's lovely and green with redbrick buildings. I also had the opportunity to stay in one of the accommodation blocks because I was there for a LY event in the summer. (Hint. Mason accommodation is amazing but hard to get). Very friendly, and the atmosphere is great! However I dislike the city itself as it's not very spread out and extremely crowded. Although that's just my view and I know some who love the city. It's extremely good for shopping and clubs though. (and I'm somewhat addicted to the doughnut stands :tongue: )

Cardiff, I completely fell in love with everything about it. The University's white buildings are simply stunning, and I can't remember coming across one hostile person though I'm sure there are some. The city is greener than Birmingham and more spread out so it seems less crowded. To me it just felt like home. If you like Doctor Who or Sherlock (the TV series)... a few Doctor Who eps were filmed in the Science library and one of the corridors is Sherlock's Mind Palace.
Reply 13
I have visited both - I live about 50 minutes' train from Birmingham. I did love the campus in Birmingham - it's lovely and green with redbrick buildings. I also had the opportunity to stay in one of the accommodation blocks because I was there for a LY event in the summer. (Hint. Mason accommodation is amazing but hard to get). Very friendly, and the atmosphere is great! However I dislike the city itself as it's not very spread out and extremely crowded. Although that's just my view and I know some who love the city. It's extremely good for shopping and clubs though. (and I'm somewhat addicted to the doughnut stands :tongue: )

Cardiff, I completely fell in love with everything about it. The University's white buildings are simply stunning, and I can't remember coming across one hostile person though I'm sure there are some. The city is greener than Birmingham and more spread out so it seems less crowded. To me it just felt like home. If you like Doctor Who or Sherlock (the TV series)... a few Doctor Who eps were filmed in the Science library and one of the corridors is Sherlock's Mind Palace.

I like the look of Cardiff more than Birmingham but I would be ecstatic to go to either!
I like the look of Cardiff more than Birmingham but I would be ecstatic to go to either!

Birmingham is admittedly slightly higher up on the league tables but I've never really considered LT's a major factor in choosing Univerisites. I already have an offer for one of the Cardiff courses and Aberystwyth, which happen to be my firm and insurance so I'm sorted :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get offers soon... Cardiff came back to me in 6 days if that's any help :smile:

Did you apply to any schools in the US?
Reply 16
Original post by Student403
Did you apply to any schools in the US?

No, I'm fully committed to the UK :smile:
Reply 17
Birmingham is admittedly slightly higher up on the league tables but I've never really considered LT's a major factor in choosing Univerisites. I already have an offer for one of the Cardiff courses and Aberystwyth, which happen to be my firm and insurance so I'm sorted :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get offers soon... Cardiff came back to me in 6 days if that's any help :smile:

Congrats! I just sent my applications yesterday, so I'm not stressing too much yet. So far, I've got a confirmation from every university except Cardiff lol
Congrats! I just sent my applications yesterday, so I'm not stressing too much yet. So far, I've got a confirmation from every university except Cardiff lol

Thank you! :biggrin: You'll likely get Cardiff tomorrow or the day after, it was the last to send me one too :smile: But the second to give me an offer. People are already getting offers from Birmingham :eek: and I've got a postcard from Swansea saying 'you'll hear back from us soon'... 3 weeks after the initial email which I thought a little odd... :smile:
No, I'm fully committed to the UK :smile:

Nice xD GL with the offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending