The Student Room Group

a 4th year in US?

i'm currently on a 3 year law course (in 2nd yr) and was wondering if its possible to do a 4th year in the US, like the equivalent of a one year masters. i kno the 4th year couldnt be in law due to the different systems in US bt i would love to study english or something for a year. This would be compleltely separate of my uni i gather and they would hav no involvement. does anyone kno if its is possible to do this propised 4th year in the US? any feedback wuld b great!
Reply 1
sorry i should hav been clearer. i intend to finish my undergrad degree in the uk with everyone else...bt then apply to a US uni for 1/2 years post grad study instead of doing a masters in the UK. so effectively i would be applying to a US uni with my undergrad degree in law looking to gain a further post grad qualification (masters) in another subject. is this feasible?!
thanks
Reply 2
obviously, if you already have a undergrad law degree, you can apply to do a LLM in the US.
Reply 3
o rite ok, it wasnt so obvious to me as i thought maybe the differences in the UK and US legal systems would result in a UK law degree not seen as relevant or even sufficient to continue on to post grad study.

Latest

Trending

Trending