The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I never ask to go to the toilet, I just say to the teacher that I am just going to the toilet and they just say ok. Some teachers say no though and tell me to sit bak down.
our school banned us from using the toilets during lessons!! But my chemistry teacher felt sorry for us so she always let us go.

Safe to say the rule didn't last long. I mean what would be the alternative..?..?..? wetting ourselves!
Reply 22
I always ask, just to be polite! But it depends on whose class i'm in, one of my classes is dead opposite the toilets and the teach doesn't really mind whether you ask or not. But there are certain teachers i wouldn't dare NOT ask!
When I was in school we were banned from going to the toilet during lessons. We were told we were supposed to be old enough and mature enough to go during breaktimes.

I'm sorry but isn't that just the stupidest thing you have ever heard. What on earth has maturity got to do with going to the toilet. If you need to pee after an hour and a half of sitting in a classroom than you need to pee. Just because your mature doesn't meen you can hold it in any longer?!

My RS teacher refused to let me go so I had to hold in in for an hour (she wasn't one to mess with :redface: ) and my english teacher also refused to let me go on two occassions so I had to resort to childsh tactics and repeatedly say 'miss can I go to the toilet please' over and other without stopping untill she gave me permission to go and get the key !! the second time i just refused to do any work until She let me go. I was really dying though. This was when i was in year 11. I had drunk like a litre bottle of water earlier and it went straight through me :biggrin:

Now however i'm in sixthfom and they let you go to the toilet whenever you ask.:biggrin:
Excalibur
I'll ask to be polite, but they hardly ever say no anymore - when I was in Year 7 the teachers didn't let us go for the sake of it :wink:

Thats the same with me, I remember my year 7 English teacher used to say no to the toilet but would say yes if you asked to go get a drink if you had hiccoughs. I used to fake them lol. She was well dumb too, I'd spend like 30 mins out and go to the other block and wave at my class lool.
Well, most of my classes have 5 students in and mainly involve group discussion/etc so it'd be a bit rude to just get up and walk out without a word. So everyone asks, but only as a formality - the answer's never no.
Reply 26
I don't think I've asked to go to the toilet in class since about Year 9 so I dunno. If someone stuck their hand up and asked I'd find it rather odd and babyish.
I think most people just walk out that's why.
Reply 27
suuuuuuseh
Definitely yes- we even have to get the "permission to leave the classroom" section signed in our homework diaries.. :p:

Yeah, we have to do a similar thing. We're almost always allowed to go and if not it's because we've just had dinner or the lesson is about to end. Not many people go because it's a bit of faff getting the diaries signed and we can go between lessons.
Me: Sir, can I go tot the toilet?
Teacher: whatever
Me: sweet...
Reply 29
I don't go to the toilet in lessons but if I did then I would ask. I just tend to go at breaktimes, when you don't have to ask.
Reply 30
wtf? get a life
CE
I don't go to the toilet in lessons but if I did then I would ask. I just tend to go at breaktimes, when you don't have to ask.
:ditto:, although I never usually need to use the toilets in school. I only use them if it's really necessary.
Reply 32
We have to, and pretty much all the teachers wont let us go unless we have a toilet card (which you can only get with a doctors note saying you need one). Some of the teachers arn't bothered though, they're just like yeah :P
Usually, people just go or just TELL the tutor where they are going. People leave for drinks and all sorts. Tutors dont care as long as you get through the work
unknownFluency
BTW, was the OPs question aimed at like 14 year olds? Im 18.. and it's a bit childish to ask the teacher if you can take a piss.. or a #2.

I'm 18, and I'm in school. School and college are very different. :smile: There's one or two teachers who don't care, but the rest would just see it as rude and bizarre.
Reply 35
I'm allowed to go to the toilet during lessons, now that I'm in Y11. With permission, that is.

But I couldn't in year 7 [go to the toilet]. Not at all. Which makes no sense. :s-smilie:

Teachers think in weird ways.
Reply 36
I've always asked for permission even in college but my mate who used to sit next to me in A Level Philosophy has got up and just walked out the class even when the teacher was speaking if he wanted to go to the loo. The first time he did it the teacher was quite surprised and upon his arrival back he asked my mate 'are you alright [name].' the teacher never asked my mate though to get his permission even after this incident.
Going to the toilet at my school is a longwinded procedure. Thanks to the Year 9s (and the new entrees into Year 12?!), the toilets have eight cubicles, of which ONE has a door, and a DIFFERENT cubicle has the toilet paper. Hmm..

Thus if I need to go to the toilet, I have to ask the teacher (which is usually difficult as they seem to say wait until break). If this is successful, then I have to go to the front office to sign into the toilet book, stating what time I'm going. I get issued the key to the toilets (it's kept locked) and I unlock the toilets. Once done, I lock the toilets again and go back to the office and give back the key, and sign what time I arrived back to give the key.

Hmph.
Reply 38
^^Bloody hell your school sounds gay. You'll be probably end up wetting yoursellf before you actually get to the toilet.
Reply 39
I nearly always have to ask... unless in Form or in certain lessons when the teachers just don't care :p:

We are meant to get our Study planner signed [to normally walk immediatly opposite] but as i haven't used one in 3 years, that's not really possible. Most teachers just say yes straight away they don't want the aggrivation of saying no. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending