The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Nursing (Adult)

Hi Everyone,

Really need some advice on the above topic.
I am looking to apply for GEN soon and I'm not sure whether it would be wiser to do the 3 year undergraduate course instead.
I have a psychology degree from 2009 - So it's been 5 years since I did any kind of studying... And I’m slightly worried that 2 years won’t be enough to fully prepare me for a career in Nursing.
Also, would I be entitled to NHS Bursary/funding on this route...or is it only Undergraduates entitled?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all!
Reply 1
Hi SimplyBlessed,

I am in a similar position to yourself, except I graduated in 2014.

I have applied for 5 nursing courses: 1 MSc, 1 BSc Honours, and 3 BSc all for adult nursing. I was unsure myself whether I would prefer the MSc or BSc as I have spoken to different qualified nurses who have mentored some MSc students who said some students could not handle the pressure of an accelerated course. It is up to you as a person which you would rather do; or like me, you could apply to both and help yourself make a more educated decision after speaking to the universities directly about course information. You are a graduate already which proves you are a successful student, but it is up to you whether you think you would feel more comfortable with the 2 years acceleration or the 3 years with more practical experience.

I'm from Scotland, so our funding works slightly differently; and ours has a long document available online which stipulates who would be eligible for funding and people taking another degree in nursing (from another degree) are as it is NHS funded. So I would like to think that it would be the same for you.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

Yasmin x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending