The Student Room Group

Has anyone done Nomura First Step?

I'm looking to apply for the sixth form programme at Nomura and I was wondering whether anyone here has done it before? If so, how was it? What did you have to do? What relevant skills did you put in your CV for the application?
Really? No one?
Reply 2
I haven't done it yet but I got my acceptance letter today, I just spoke about my jobs in my local building society, being treasurer of the student union and doing the finance baccalaureate. I think they just want you to show evidence of your interest in finance good luck!
Original post by Maceyf
I haven't done it yet but I got my acceptance letter today, I just spoke about my jobs in my local building society, being treasurer of the student union and doing the finance baccalaureate. I think they just want you to show evidence of your interest in finance good luck!

Hi. Well done on your acceptance! What did you write about in the covering letter?. Was it just your skills and work experience or did you also put why you liked Nomura and banking in general?
Reply 4
Thanks, I wrote mostly about my work experience and skills and why I'm interested in finance. I didn't put that must about nomura specifically but it would probably be good to mention that. Have you applied yet? It's probably best to get in early as possible
Original post by Maceyf
Thanks, I wrote mostly about my work experience and skills and why I'm interested in finance. I didn't put that must about nomura specifically but it would probably be good to mention that. Have you applied yet? It's probably best to get in early as possible

Well in Big Man!!!

I got a Bank of England event, and went to JPM,CS,MS and hymans roberston last year.

Want to get deloitte, RBS, Nomura and BAML this year.
how long were your cover letters??
also do you have to write something in the additional information box I feel I have covered everything but don't know if I need to write something there aswelll?
Sent off my app 14th Dec - when should I expect a response?
Original post by tazza ma razza
Sent off my app 14th Dec - when should I expect a response?

Hi, have you received a response yet? I sent mine off on the 23rd of December. Hope it's not too late....
Original post by jdizzle12345
Hi, have you received a response yet? I sent mine off on the 23rd of December. Hope it's not too late....

Dunno tbh I'm expecting to find out in the new year

Quick Reply

Latest