The Student Room Group

AS level physics-feel like crying :-(

Hi, so today I had a physics test, and consistently, I've been doing worser and worser in physics. I'm generally a pretty okay student, and I try to get the highest grades possible, but I've never felt as helpless with a subject as I do with physics.

I came home and I cried for half an hour. It's really bringing me down, and honestly, I feel dumb and incapable and frustrated that I can't solve it.

I just can't DO THIS anymore.......I just can't..........but I want to conquer the subject.............I don't want to give up.
Reply 1
Original post by fandom-queen
Hi, so today I had a physics test, and consistently, I've been doing worser and worser in physics. I'm generally a pretty okay student, and I try to get the highest grades possible, but I've never felt as helpless with a subject as I do with physics.

I came home and I cried for half an hour. It's really bringing me down, and honestly, I feel dumb and incapable and frustrated that I can't solve it.

I just can't DO THIS anymore.......I just can't..........but I want to conquer the subject.............I don't want to give up.

hey! basically http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/and also get the past papers and start now! even if you haven't finished a module or anything just attempt the questions of what you've already learned and try to answer them and ask the teacher for help!I got a C in physics AS (legit miracle) and past papers rEALLY helped cos I was getting Us ALLLL year! i know how you feel! do your past papers, watch as many youtube videos of different people explaining it as possible and do ALL your homework and ALL your questions! in physics there's only so many questions they can ask.Make sure you're good at rearranging equations and finding units and all of that because it will save you a lot of time and easy marks! make sure you do really well in your coursework it will help pull your grade up!Ask your teacher to make module/ topic exam question packs so you can focus on your weaknesses!The CGP guide is really good but I didn't really use itMake sure you KNOW your definitions! easy easy marks! if you don't understand something, put your hand up and ask even if you look like the stupidest person on Earth, you wouldn't look stupid on results day!I know it seems really hard now but trust me don't feel disheartened just keep doing the question and one day it will click and just keep doing everything even the A* hard questions because if you could do them then you can do everything. With physics you'll forget something if you don't keep practicing it so keep practising!!!Good luck!
Original post by z33
hey! basically http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/

and also get the past papers and start now! even if you haven't finished a module or anything just attempt the questions of what you've already learned and try to answer them and ask the teacher for help!

I got a C in physics AS (legit miracle) and past papers rEALLY helped cos I was getting Us ALLLL year! i know how you feel! do your past papers, watch as many youtube videos of different people explaining it as possible and do ALL your homework and ALL your questions! in physics there's only so many questions they can ask.
Make sure you're good at rearranging equations and finding units and all of that because it will save you a lot of time and easy marks! make sure you do really well in your coursework it will help pull your grade up!
Ask your teacher to make module/ topic exam question packs so you can focus on your weaknesses!
The CGP guide is really good but I didn't really use it
Make sure you KNOW your definitions! easy easy marks! if you don't understand something, put your hand up and ask even if you look like the stupidest person on Earth, you wouldn't look stupid on results day!

I know it seems really hard now but trust me don't feel disheartened just keep doing the question and one day it will click and just keep doing everything even the A* hard questions because if you could do them then you can do everything. With physics you'll forget something if you don't keep practicing it so keep practising!!!

Good luck!

OMG, thank you so much! I know I shouldn't give up, and I'm sorta looking at this as a challenge. It's just, sometimes it all becomes a bit much.

But I'm gonna soldier on anyway :-)

If I may ask, what are you doing now? A-levels, uni? If so, how are they?
Reply 3
Original post by fandom-queen
OMG, thank you so much! I know I shouldn't give up, and I'm sorta looking at this as a challenge. It's just, sometimes it all becomes a bit much.

But I'm gonna soldier on anyway :-)

If I may ask, what are you doing now? A-levels, uni? If so, how are they?

yeah i know i get you but if you believe it's really hard you're just not gonna be motivated to study

"just think A-levels are not that hard, just gotta learn and apply, no problem i'm gonna be fine" you'll be okay! Give yourself a chance! Aim for the high As maybe 100% because that way you've EASILY got atleast a C in the bag. Keep going and don't give up! Print off the spec and tick off what you know and don't know, make notes answering every point.

When you do past paper questions answer the question as if you would in the real thing. Cos in the real exam you're not gonna leave it blank so why would you leave it blank when you're practicing. Even if you get 0 you'd know why and then look at the mark scheme because if you just look at the mark scheme and you're like "oh yeah i'll remember to write that in the exam" - you won't trust me

you have to make the mistake to learn from it!

I'm currently in year 13 - i was gonna retake unit 2 for physics to bump up my grade but nah - never again hahaha!

I did Biology, Chemistry, Computing and Physics , got BCBC in them and dropped physics

Quick Reply

Latest