The Student Room Group

Too many hours

I just had a job interview for a call centre and I thought it was a ten hour contract but it was actually 15. I was thinking if i got the job I'd work from like 8am to 6.30 on a Saturday and then like 12-5 on a Sunday.
Would this be too much to cope with on top of my ALevel studies? Does anyone have any experiences working while revising for exams? Share please!
Reply 1
I suppose it depends on how much spare time you have during the week. Do you have any days off college or anything like that? Maybe just find a way of managing your time so that you do most of the work during the week/evenings, that way the weekends are free to work.
you'll be fine. i was doing way more than that during my a levels and it did me no harm. as said you just need to manage your time well and if you feel it gets too hard then you can reconsider nearer the time of your exams.
Reply 3
I have tons more hours of work to do for uni that I did for A Levels and I do 9-6 on a Sat and 10-5 on a Sunday in a call centre...which is actually 16hrs but pay-wise its 14.75. It's a pain when I have to go back to Sheffield at the weekends when I'm home for holidays, but I deal with it..
During my A levels I worked three evenigns 5-10 and one Sunday 9-4 so that's like 22 hours and I did pretty well in my exams.
During study leave I bumped my hours upto 32 and was fine :smile: don't worry - if it does get too much just explain to them and they should understand!
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies everyone. The call centre rang me back and gave me the job but I also have to go for training Monday to Friday 6-10 for three weeks which is slightly scary but hopefully I'll manage. Aw well i'll just think of the money!
Reply 6
I had to do that too...mine was 4-8 though, and many days I had uni til 4!!

Latest

Trending

Trending