The Student Room Group

TfL grad scheme 2016 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gloriaaa106
So I have 100% not got the job now. I was doing the video interview and at the first question I completely froze up, couldn't get any words out, and then I said "oh ****" and just pressed stop thinking I would get to rerecord my answer but NOPE!
I exited the interview and started it up again but it has taken me straight to question 2. Sigh. Well that's TfL out the window for me! :'(

The same thing happened with me with Microsoft. My webcam fell over I tried to refresh it and it took me to the next link.
I nearly cried.
I called up Microsoft told them what happened and they let me redo the question.
I passed the video interview and now onto Skype interview.
I called the TFL team because there was issue with my numerical test and they sorted it out. The graduate recruitment team is actually lovely I spoke to some really nice bloke. Call them and tell them what happened.
However you swearing wouldn't have gone down too well if they see that, like that's how you react to things... :/ idk though
Original post by MelissaJuniper
The same thing happened with me with Microsoft. My webcam fell over I tried to refresh it and it took me to the next link.
I nearly cried.
I called up Microsoft told them what happened and they let me redo the question.
I called the TFL team because there was issue with my numerical test and they sorted it out. The graduate recruitment team is actually lovely I spoke to some really nice bloke. Call them and tell them what happened.
However you swearing wouldn't have gone down too well if they see that, like that's how you react to things... :/ idk though

Yeah I just completely clammed up it was awful, it isn't a technical issue so I doubt they'll let me redo it, I'll call anyway because it wouldn't hurt to try but I've kinda just accepted that it's over for me and TfL lol. Especially since the rest of my answers were crap mostly because I couldn't get over how badly I had messed up the first one!
I nearly cried.

I wasn't aware that there was a Skype interview after the video interview? Surely that would defeat the whole point of a video interview.

I've spoken to TfL and the next process after video interviews are the assessment centres.
Original post by omnomnomnomom
I wasn't aware that there was a Skype interview after the video interview? Surely that would defeat the whole point of a video interview.

I've spoken to TfL and the next process after video interviews are the assessment centres.

Microsoft probably do two rounds of interviews to cut numbers down even more? :holmes:
Original post by Slowbro93
Microsoft probably do two rounds of interviews to cut numbers down even more? :holmes:

Ah
Ah,I must have misread that then. I thought she meant the tfl scheme! It made me slightly puzzled.
Ah,I must have misread that then. I thought she meant the tfl scheme! It made me slightly puzzled.

Yeah it was about Microsoft not TFL. Also it's pretty standard now to do a recorded video interview and a Skype call which replaces telephone interviews
Yeah it was about Microsoft not TFL. Also it's pretty standard now to do a recorded video interview and a Skype call which replaces telephone interviews

Sorry, was thrown off as I didn't pay a lot of attention to the Microsoft part as I was scanning to see if anyone had heard anything from TfL.

Good luck with your Microsoft process!

Personally I'd rather they had the Skype interview instead of the automated video interview as having another human to speak to makes it a pleasant experience. I say this as they're able to ask you questions about your answers etc and I feel it'd be a better way to gauge personality.
I can see why TFL have introduced vdeo interviews (given the AC chaos that had happened last year ...) but at the same time talking with someone was quite nice imo :smile:
*UPDATE*

For those who have applied for project management, there are several provisional assessment centres happening in the first week of December and one in January- these have not been officially signed off so can change.

CE&MC We're going have to wait until the end of December. Last year I was told of the result around the 28th December.

I just wish they'd let those who have been unsuccessful know straight away or else people are going to be waiting a long time to be disappointed.
I did my video interview about a month ago for general management, and just got a call from tfl inviting me to an assessment centre next week!
Original post by korenluce
I did my video interview about a month ago for general management, and just got a call from tfl inviting me to an assessment centre next week!

Congratulations!

Two weeks since mine...
Did my video interview for the customer service role hope it's not too late :frown:
Hopefully they let me know before the end of the month
I've only just applied to the commercial procurement grad scheme and will be doing the situational judgement test today. Is it likely I am too late given some people have been invited to AC's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can see why TFL have introduced vdeo interviews (given the AC chaos that had happened last year ...) but at the same time talking with someone was quite nice imo :smile:

I think video interviews are going to lead to the same AC chaos again. It certainly seems that way again :frown:
I think video interviews are going to lead to the same AC chaos again. It certainly seems that way again :frown:

Did you apply last year?
Did you apply last year?

Yeah I did! It was a right mess last year and it's definitely going that way again this year. I was put into the middle category last year where I had passed the telephone interview but wasn't sure if I'd make it to the assessment centre.

They make a big deal about applying early, but it doesn't make a difference. I'm still going to be told late December/ January as the assessment centre for the one I'm applying for isn't until January :frown:

Have you applied again? Or if I remember correctly, you were offered another grad role, so are you still doing that?
May I ask what scheme you applied to?
Yeah I did! It was a right mess last year and it's definitely going that way again this year. I was put into the middle category last year where I had passed the telephone interview but wasn't sure if I'd make it to the assessment centre.

They make a big deal about applying early, but it doesn't make a difference. I'm still going to be told late December/ January as the assessment centre for the one I'm applying for isn't until January :frown:

Have you applied again? Or if I remember correctly, you were offered another grad role, so are you still doing that?

I really hope that they don't mess around with you again :hugs: what was the scheme that you were invited to again?

For me, I gained an offer but turned it down as I decided to pursue a PhD at Leeds instead.
Reply 59
Just been invited to assessment centre for project management, next Tuesday!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest