The Student Room Group

MARKS & SPENCER PEOPLE SYSTEM (work for m&s?)

Has anyone used the 'declare my availability' part of the people system website? Everything else seems to be working for me except that. When I click on to it, a new window opens saying 'your browser is not supported by this function'. I know I can do it at work instead but I want to be able to book extra hours for when I am not at work. Is there anything that I need to change or download to make it work? I have windows 10.
Your help would be very much appreciated!!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm having that problem too. Not a clue what to do with it or how to get it working.
Reply 2
Hi can anyone help me log onto the people system? i have no idea what my username would be?!
Original post by ellielouisej
Has anyone used the 'declare my availability' part of the people system website? Everything else seems to be working for me except that. When I click on to it, a new window opens saying 'your browser is not supported by this function'. I know I can do it at work instead but I want to be able to book extra hours for when I am not at work. Is there anything that I need to change or download to make it work? I have windows 10.

Please can you tell me how you fixed this problem I can't get past it. Thanks
Reply 4
I can't do that either, but I have another question.

Is it the same username and password for the uniform ordering site? or is it a different one? as it keeps saying logon failure and i'm not sure why. as it doesn't say wrong password or username or anything
I've never really been told about uniform, even though I've been there for 7 weeks now, and newer additions have been told about it, but I arrived just as a manger change was happening.
Reply 5
No the uniform ordering site is different. Once you get on ypp you can then click a link to take you to order your uniform. I don't know the site off by heart. You can also access if on my world on a store computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
So is it not the same password from the HRevolution site, where i check work hours?
please can someone help me, I can access the whole site apart from declare my availability which is the part I need most I keep getting an error message saying my browser is not supported. Ive tried internet explorer, safari, chrome and firefox and none work.
Reply 8
You need to call HR and they'll sort your account out.
Your username is your employee number
You password will be set up on the telephone
0345 304 7474
That's the number, it's free on landlines.
Reply 9
Original post by LAUREN399
please can someone help me, I can access the whole site apart from declare my availability which is the part I need most I keep getting an error message saying my browser is not supported. Ive tried internet explorer, safari, chrome and firefox and none work.

If the whole site is working I don't see there being an issue with your account. Why do you need to declare your hours so desperately? They only go through to your manager for convenience you can just tell them in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wild1995
So is it not the same password from the HRevolution site, where i check work hours?

No it's a different site but there is a link on there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Does anyone know what section you go to so you can view your hours for next week? I don't know if I'm missing it or if my laptop isn't showing that section, thanks!!
Reply 12
We were told that the best browser to view the peoples system on was internet explorer or google chrome, so try that maybe!

Original post by LAUREN399
Please can you tell me how you fixed this problem I can't get past it. Thanks
Reply 13

I have worked for Marks for four Christmases and that part of the people site has never worked. Just speak to your manager
Reply 14
Hi, did you ever figure out how to get the declare my availability section working? I've just started at m&s and was told to do this at home as soon as i can. However i can't get on it at all as it just says 'your browser is not supported by this function'. Can anyone help, thanks
Reply 15

it doesn't work on home computers ( I have been told it has never worked) . I haven't tried it on work ones but you could ask your manager about extra hours
This system does work at home however you need to adjust your settings and allow compatibility mode mine works fine at home.
Does anyone know can you use a MacBook or iPad to access people system ?
Reply 17
Original post by Newstart16
This system does work at home however you need to adjust your settings and allow compatibility mode mine works fine at home.
Does anyone know can you use a MacBook or iPad to access people system ?

You can use a MacBook but you need to change a setting. Go in to Safari - preferences- security - and allow pop ups ( untick block pop up windows)

You can access on ipad and again you need to change a setting but unfortunately I don't know which one as I have never tried it but I know it is possible.
Reply 18
Your username would be the number that you use to log onto the till at work sweetie :smile:
It didn’t work for me for the first three months this was apparently because I was temp, the second I got made permant it worked. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending