The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics B June 2016

For all of us doing Economics B with Edexcel to help each other and revise together

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump :flip:
Reply 2
hello, i was wondering has had any luck finding a revision guide relating to this as theres one for A but not for B
Reply 3
Original post by mxegan
hello, i was wondering has had any luck finding a revision guide relating to this as theres one for A but not for B

I haven't found one either and all the websites I looked there wasn't either
I have one sample paper though
Reply 4
Original post by AyshaU
I haven't found one either and all the websites I looked there wasn't either
I have one sample paper though

If you need help with any AS content, just give me a message.
Reply 5
Original post by Windies
If you need help with any AS content, just give me a message.

Thanks I will
We've done theme 1
I've made notes, definition lists and a formula page
What else do you suggest and anywhere with past papers?
Reply 6
Original post by AyshaU
Thanks I will
We've done theme 1
I've made notes, definition lists and a formula page
What else do you suggest and anywhere with past papers?

You're doing the new spec?

I would still suggest doing the 2015 spec (current spec for A2 students) and old spec for new AS students to do old spec papers between 2009-15.

After doing those papers, mark yourself using the mark scheme and note down all missing points / additional points even if you got full marks for revision purpose.

After doing that, read through examiner report for that sitting as there is more advice on the question itself in the examiner report with a few examples.

I presume Theme 1 is Microeconomics?
Reply 7
Original post by Windies
You're doing the new spec?

I would still suggest doing the 2015 spec (current spec for A2 students) and old spec for new AS students to do old spec papers between 2009-15.

After doing those papers, mark yourself using the mark scheme and note down all missing points / additional points even if you got full marks for revision purpose.

After doing that, read through examiner report for that sitting as there is more advice on the question itself in the examiner report with a few examples.

I presume Theme 1 is Microeconomics?

Theme1 is markets consumers and firms
I'll look through the papers
thanks
Reply 8
Hey guys we have 57 days till Theme 1 Exam!!!. I have revision notes, definitions and formulaes. I was wondering if anyone has any website or links to exam technique, especially for the 20 marker. Also what past papers do you use? The old ones have a different layout, and ask questions that are not in the new spec.
Reply 9
Original post by mahmzo
Hey guys we have 57 days till Theme 1 Exam!!!. I have revision notes, definitions and formulaes. I was wondering if anyone has any website or links to exam technique, especially for the 20 marker. Also what past papers do you use? The old ones have a different layout, and ask questions that are not in the new spec.

Knowing the number of days is actually pretty scary
I've done theme 1 notes and am up to chapter 14 in theme 2
I've done a past paper from theme1 from the physics and maths tutor website
I tried to look for other past papers or websites but did not come out with must
I know anforme do a book for each theme and its £50 each. I don't know what it is like yet and I haven't decided if I should buy it
Reply 10
Original post by AyshaU
Knowing the number of days is actually pretty scary
I've done theme 1 notes and am up to chapter 14 in theme 2
I've done a past paper from theme1 from the physics and maths tutor website
I tried to look for other past papers or websites but did not come out with must
I know anforme do a book for each theme and its £50 each. I don't know what it is like yet and I haven't decided if I should buy it

we are also on chapter 14 on theme 2, I find it harder I need to do some thorough revision on theme 2 as I still don't understand most the concepts. Theme 1 is quite easy except Market Failure. I really want an A in economics or a B minimum. Do you know how to structure answers?
Reply 11
Original post by mahmzo
we are also on chapter 14 on theme 2, I find it harder I need to do some thorough revision on theme 2 as I still don't understand most the concepts. Theme 1 is quite easy except Market Failure. I really want an A in economics or a B minimum. Do you know how to structure answers?

We have done a little on structuring answers just not much
I'm aiming for an A too with a B minimum

I hated externalities on Theme 1 and theme 2 is mainly the policies for macroeconomic economics that I don't really like
My notes are done till chapter 14 on theme 2 whereas in class we've done the whole book so mainly revision

Have you practised any 20 markers
Reply 12
how were your teachers suggesting to answer 8 and 20 markers?
Reply 13
Original post by ejab
how were your teachers suggesting to answer 8 and 20 markers?

There was no real they are saying
Just saying to make sure you plan nad get a few points in from both sides of the argument
You?
Reply 14
Original post by AyshaU
Just saying to make sure you plan nad get a few points in from both sides of the argument
You?

Same omg I LAST SPOKE TO YOU WHEN WE HAD 57 DAYS NOW WE HAVE LIKE 20 ;(

We still have not finished theme 2 we have the last two chapters on Policies. Everything else is starting to click into place though HBU
Reply 15
Original post by mahmzo
Same omg I LAST SPOKE TO YOU WHEN WE HAD 57 DAYS NOW WE HAVE LIKE 20 ;(

We still have not finished theme 2 we have the last two chapters on Policies. Everything else is starting to click into place though HBU

We finished the book before Easter so now we are kind of just re capping and doing pointless stuff tbh
I feel I could be doing more worthwhile tihngs on my own
Theme 2 in revision is going ok I just have to go over things like the policies

How are you feeling about the exam?
Have you got any practise papers and things for help
Reply 16
Original post by AyshaU
You?

they just told us to make sure we define everything and give both sides of the argument
Reply 17
Original post by ejab
they just told us to make sure we define everything and give both sides of the argument

Apparetly for a 20 marker they only require 2 points. 1 for and 1 against. But you need to tackle it like a Court case saying the advantages and disadvantages of both methods etc then finally leaving your judgement.
Reply 18
Original post by ejab

That is what they told us too
Just make sure it is balanced with a conclusion and try define

Original post by mahmzo
Apparetly for a 20 marker they only require 2 points. 1 for and 1 against. But you need to tackle it like a Court case saying the advantages and disadvantages of both methods etc then finally leaving your judgement.

Just the 1
I try use at least 3 for both sides to weigh it up more

Are you both doing the external exam for AS?
Reply 19
Original post by AyshaU
That is what they told us too
Just make sure it is balanced with a conclusion and try define

Just the 1
I try use at least 3 for both sides to weigh it up more

Are you both doing the external exam for AS?

yeah we are for all of our subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending