The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester- unconditional offer policy

Hi, does anyone know what the university of manchester's policy is regarding giving out unconditional offers to those who haven't sat their final a-levels yet (biosciences in particular)?
Is it similar to other universities e.g.Birmingham, or does Manchester not give them out?
Original post by MrFantastisch
Hi, does anyone know what the university of manchester's policy is regarding giving out unconditional offers to those who haven't sat their final a-levels yet (biosciences in particular)?
Is it similar to other universities e.g.Birmingham, or does Manchester not give them out?

They don't give them out, as a matter of policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi, I have received an unconditional from Manchester but it doesn't really matter since i'm already at uni so already have my exam results!
Original post by Matt2407
Hi, I have received an unconditional from Manchester but it doesn't really matter since i'm already at uni so already have my exam results!

what did you achieve before you submit your application? was it in econs degree?
Original post by Matt2407

That's entirely different - universities (including Manchester) have always and will always give out unconditional offers to those who have already sat their A Levels (or equivalent) and got their results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Origami Bullets
That's entirely different - universities (including Manchester) have always and will always give out unconditional offers to those who have already sat their A Levels (or equivalent) and got their results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've sat my A Levels (currently on my Gap Year) but have a conditional offer. However, I do think that it is because I have applied for adult nursing and need to have an occupational health check and a DBS check (we filled out the DBS check form on the interview day last Wednesday).
Original post by tarabug
I've sat my A Levels (currently on my Gap Year) but have a conditional offer. However, I do think that it is because I have applied for adult nursing and need to have an occupational health check and a DBS check (we filled out the DBS check form on the interview day last Wednesday).

Congratulations on your offer! If you have a look on UCAS then it will state what the conditions are - it sounds like it will just be non academic requirements like the DBS check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Congratulations on your offer! If you have a look on UCAS then it will state what the conditions are - it sounds like it will just be non academic requirements like the DBS check.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! :smile: Yeah, I just checked again and it says, "This offer is subject to you obtaining Satisfactory health and police checks"
Fingers crossed!
Original post by tarabug
Thank you!! :smile: Yeah, I just checked again and it says, "This offer is subject to you obtaining Satisfactory health and police checks"
Fingers crossed!

Excellent! So long as you haven't got convictions for something nasty or something serious and contagious (like HIV or Hepatitis) then you'll be absolutely fine.
Reply 9
Excellent! So long as you haven't got convictions for something nasty or something serious and contagious (like HIV or Hepatitis) then you'll be absolutely fine.

Haha yeah I should be fine!
I just had an email from Manchester saying I was guaranteed a spot on their life science course, but they would still like me to get BBB at least, my original offer was AAA but they altered it after my interview. I think I remember them saying they don't do proper unconditionals because they still want their students to get good A-levels to increase their employability :smile:
I got an unconditional offer from Manchester having completed a Level 3 BTEC and applying in my last year of A Levels! I applied for Law :smile: posting this for anyone looking in the future!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending