The Student Room Group

BSc International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response

Hello :smile:

My name is Ciaran Clarke and I'm an intercalating medical student, studing an MA in Humanitarianism and Conflict response at the University of Manchester.

As part of my role as an MA student, I am here to answer any questions about the unique new BSc that we are offering at UoM. The humanitarianism and conflict response institute (HCRI) - the people behind the UK's medical response to Ebola, are now offering a BSc in International Disaster Management and Humanitarian response.

There is no undergraduate programme like this in the country! At HCRI, you will come into contact with an incredible array of interdisciplinary researchers. These include medics, anthropologists, political scientists and historians, who are all currently partaking in active field research. HCRI is the base of the UK's Ebola response (UKMED) and is a close working partner of MSF, offering brilliant job opportunities.

But what makes this BSc so unique?

The BSc offers unprecedented vocational opportunities, with work placements and international fieldwork forming part of the degree. The humanitarian industry is currently calling out for qualified personel, this degree would equip any burgeoning humanitarian with the skills and experience required for successful career in the field.

Your modules will draw from a wide variety of disciplines within the institute and there are no subject requirements for entry. There is also an opportunity to enhance your language skills as up to 1/3 of your degree can be from language modules.

So, if you want to study at one of the world's leading humanitarian institutes, or simply have any questions regarding the course, feel free to get in touch with me on here!

Thanks,

Ciaran

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending