The Student Room Group

Trouble with education consultancies?

Hello.

I am applying to UK for undergraduate study (law) 2016. I am an international student so i didnt know much about the processes. So I went to education consultancies. There they said that they won't charge any money and will assist me in all the processes. I went though the British councils website that they are the registered 'agents'.

The thing is that first they tried to convince me to apply to 'average' ranked universities. However I didn't agree and applied to 5 unis through UCAS. They told me to submit my documents (Passport copy, LOR, transcripts etc) and said that they will apply on behalf of me and I just have to pay the UCAS fees. So they created email id (whose password I don't know) and created a account on UCAS, filled in my details and asked me to pay. I asked them what was the need to create a new email id to which they replied that its because they don't need to bother me again and again as if anything else is needed from univ they will do it themselves. They even said that I will get the password of that email id soon. They just gave me the password of UCAS account and asked me to pay. And i paid the fees. What was weird is that there was NO option of reference section. But still i paid.

The application to unis didn't go even after paying. It appeared that the application is sent to referee for approval. Although I had sent the scanned copy of LOR to those consultants but they said that LOR should be from my present school. I should get one scanned and sent the new LOR to them and they will upload. I feel like they avoid me and stuff.

However i am quite confused about this Education consultancy. I fear that they may not disclose the conditional letters which i may get and tell me to apply to those above average univ instead of those excellent.(I have kept 2 above average univ in the list of 5). Is anyone among you applying through a education consultancy Centre? How do they upload references?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending