The Student Room Group

BTEC Grades - Am I screwed?

Hi TSR! I'm new BTW, lurked here for a while but never made an account or posted.

Anyway, I'm currently doing a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Software Development at college. Just started the second year, looking to apply for universities. Skip to the question at the end if you don't care about the story behind this situation.

I'll admit, last year didn't go that great. Entirely my own fault, I didn't time manage and it never really hit me that the year is finishing until a few weeks before it did, at which point I went nuts and worked ridiculously hard. Everyone was still coming in to college, but the teachers were not marking everything. I figured out what I needed for MM (Merit Merit) and had agreed with each of my teachers that if I submitted the work to them by the time each teacher set (different teachers, different times) they agreed to mark it and everything. I worked my complete ass off and just got everything in. Teachers all said they had it and everything, I didn't hear back from them so I assumed everything got the grade (normally we only hear from them if we need to change something).

However, on grades day, I only had MP and many of the things I submitted were not marked as done on there. I straight away pointed out which ones it was and the teacher marked the one from her unit off straight away because she said she had seen it. However, the other teachers were not in college. She said it didn't matter because we can make changes this year and we will just get a different grade at the end of next year. On the first day of this year... She told the class that was not the case as it has been changed.

Now I've got my **** together. I know I need to work harder and not let this year be a waste of time. So far I have managed to get every Pass, Merit and Distinction done on time, handed in and all have got the grade so far. I feel reasonably confident I can achieve much better than last year, possibly even all Distinctions.

My question is this (Skip here for TL;DR): How screwed am I by this grade (MP first year)? I want to figure out my theoretical highest grade. Is the best I can get like an MMM now? Better/worse?

Some unis have wanted DMM, if I had that I think I would be happy.
Reply 1
Ill work it out for you on my spreadsheet when i get back to my computer later

How many Ps, Ms and Ds did you get for your first year?

What are you looking to study at uni?

And, are yoy looking at a particular uni or just the best you can get into? (I will compile a list later once i have worked out your highest possible grade)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending