The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi, I am applying for biological NatSci. Has anyone else received e-mail for additional references, transcripts and so on ? I have, but it seems noone other has. I am an international student, so that might be the reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by denny13
Hi, I am applying for biological NatSci. Has anyone else received e-mail for additional references, transcripts and so on ? I have, but it seems noone other has. I am an international student, so that might be the reason.

Hi! I'm not an international student, but I've received the same email, so I guess it's normal. It does say that we can update our application up until the 25th, though, so I hope we don't have to wait that long...
Reply 62
Did you send there some additional references or anything ? I did not want to, but now I am thinking that I will ask a reseracher from a museum to write something for me. But there is a question, if they accept it, since he is not my teacher.
Original post by Bazbaz
And to you! -do John's post, or email their invites to interview? not sure which is worse tbh :s-smilie:

'We should be grateful if you would acknowledge safe receipt of the details of your interviews, as well as confirming that you plan to attend using the relevant response slip attached to your interview letter.'

Just checked out the applicants' website - looks like it'll be letters, guys! I suppose they might be coming tomorrow, or maybe Tuesday.. :s-smilie:
Has anyone been offered an interview yet? Just wondering because of the amount of people applying to other colleges who have already got them.
Reply 65
Original post by Scott_dp
Has anyone been offered an interview yet? Just wondering because of the amount of people applying to other colleges who have already got them.

I've not heard of anyone so I'm hoping they'll be coming out this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Scott_dp

As the deadline for submission of written work and data protection forms was today, and that the written work forms part of the grounds for offers I'd be surprised if anyone had heard. They say invites should come out around the 2nd week of November, so we should hear this week hopefully
Original post by arkusf
Just got my interview for John's for Land Economy 10 minutes ago! :biggrin:

Congratulations! Did you receive your invitation by email?
Original post by arkusf

Congratulations... Good luck with interview prep
Reply 69
Original post by arkusf

Are you from the UK or an internatiol applicant ? Just wondering, if they had sent invites for international students sooner or not.
Congratulations by the way :biggrin:
Reply 70
So international yes ? or UK ? UK is in the EU as well :biggrin:
I'm applying to John's to study Economics. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the TSA and any information on how important it is in the application process? I can only find one mock paper online. Thanks!
Another day, another postal delivery, still no news :frown: anyone from the UK heard yet?
Reply 73
I haven't heard either and I'm in the UK
Original post by OSF_98
I haven't heard either and I'm in the UK

Same.

I am from the UK and I am stressing out!!!!!!!
Reply 75
Original post by Bilalmuh123
Same.

I am from the UK and I am stressing out!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it - they will come very soon, everyone is in the same boat it's not like they have forgotten to send you it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone I know who got into John's last year said John's took quite a while to respond to her and to decide after interviews and everything, so don't worry!
At least if you've not heard anything yet, it means you've not been rejected :') haha
I'll update if I hear anything!
Original post by tammyd658
Someone I know who got into John's last year said John's took quite a while to respond to her and to decide after interviews and everything, so don't worry!
At least if you've not heard anything thank you that js awesome yet, it means you've not been rejected :':wink: haha
I'll update if I hear anything!
that is awesome thank you 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hi,

I'm a UK student in Year 13 and I'm applying for Economics at St. John's College.

I have also been worrying about the interview invitations, and so I called up the Admissions Office. The information I received was specifically for Economics, but I expect there is a similar case with other subjects. The polite staff told me that, because of internal disagreements on the number of applicants the college could interview, the college has been slow in sending out invites. They told me that they intend to send the invites for Economics interviews out to applicants on Friday. However, I do not know whether this is by post, by e-mail or by the portal.

I hope this has helped to put some minds at ease, and good luck with your interviews and your other university applications.
Original post by RahulPatel28
Hi,

I'm a UK student in Year 13 and I'm applying for Economics at St. John's College.

I have also been worrying about the interview invitations, and so I called up the Admissions Office. The information I received was specifically for Economics, but I expect there is a similar case with other subjects. The polite staff told me that, because of internal disagreements on the number of applicants the college could interview, the college has been slow in sending out invites. They told me that they intend to send the invites for Economics interviews out to applicants on Friday. However, I do not know whether this is by post, by e-mail or by the portal.

I hope this has helped to put some minds at ease, and good luck with your interviews and your other university applications.

Thank you! This is really helpful x

Quick Reply

Latest