The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RahulPatel28
Hi,

I'm a UK student in Year 13 and I'm applying for Economics at St. John's College.

I have also been worrying about the interview invitations, and so I called up the Admissions Office. The information I received was specifically for Economics, but I expect there is a similar case with other subjects. The polite staff told me that, because of internal disagreements on the number of applicants the college could interview, the college has been slow in sending out invites. They told me that they intend to send the invites for Economics interviews out to applicants on Friday. However, I do not know whether this is by post, by e-mail or by the portal.

I hope this has helped to put some minds at ease, and good luck with your interviews and your other university applications.

Thanks for the information! That does help put my mind to ease. :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by RahulPatel28
Hi,

I'm a UK student in Year 13 and I'm applying for Economics at St. John's College.

I have also been worrying about the interview invitations, and so I called up the Admissions Office. The information I received was specifically for Economics, but I expect there is a similar case with other subjects. The polite staff told me that, because of internal disagreements on the number of applicants the college could interview, the college has been slow in sending out invites. They told me that they intend to send the invites for Economics interviews out to applicants on Friday. However, I do not know whether this is by post, by e-mail or by the portal.

I hope this has helped to put some minds at ease, and good luck with your interviews and your other university applications.

Ah brilliant - thanks for the info! Makes the long wait a bit more bearable :smile: I'm MML, not Econ, but hopefully all the other invitations will come out about the same time *crosses fingers*
St. John updated their information about interviews on their website today:

"Please note we are working towards sending out the remaining interview invitation letters (apart for those for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine) this week."

We should be receiving our interview invitations soon! :smile:
Original post by SchubertLieder
Ah brilliant - thanks for the info! Makes the long wait a bit more bearable :smile: I'm MML, not Econ, but hopefully all the other invitations will come out about the same time *crosses fingers*

Hey are you German or wanna study German by any chance? :^_^:
Reply 84
Original post by amberdoodle16
St. John updated their information about interviews on their website today:

"Please note we are working towards sending out the remaining interview invitation letters (apart for those for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine) this week."

We should be receiving our interview invitations soon! :smile:

Where on the site is it please ? I can not find it anywhere there.
Original post by sarahjennyp
Hey are you German or wanna study German by any chance? :^_^:

What makes you think that? XD I don't speak German, more's the pity, but I'm going to take it up ab initio alongside post-A-Level French. I couldn't be more excited! :biggrin:
Original post by denny13
Where on the site is it please ? I can not find it anywhere there.

You have to be logged into your St. John's account. Then click on the homepage button at the top of the screen and look under the interviews tab.
Original post by SchubertLieder
What makes you think that? XD I don't speak German, more's the pity, but I'm going to take it up ab initio alongside post-A-Level French. I couldn't be more excited! :biggrin:

your username haha :smile:
your username haha :smile:

Haha yes I was teasing a bit there! :P (I really want to say something witty in German but I'm like 0.2% of the way through the Duolingo course so I won't risk it!)
Dang I love me a good Lied sometimes B)
Reply 89
Original post by amberdoodle16
You have to be logged into your St. John's account. Then click on the homepage button at the top of the screen and look under the interviews tab.

I see now, thank you. I am quite scared of the word remaining, since almost noone including me here has received anything. Altough I am from Slovakia, so that might that few days to arrive
Original post by denny13
I see now, thank you. I am quite scared of the word remaining, since almost noone including me here has received anything. Altough I am from Slovakia, so that might that few days to arrive

I'm also very anxious to hear! I'm from the US, so it will probably take longer for mine to arrive too.
Reply 91
I am pretty sure that international students will be getting an email as well. :smile:
Reply 92
I'm applying to Classics at John's! No interview yet, and I'm from the UK :frown:
Original post by elles98
I'm applying to Classics at John's! No interview yet, and I'm from the UK :frown:

Welcome to the Thread :smile:

They said they are having a delay with sending out the invitations so you should expect them soon. Don't worry about it, they should arrive at the beginning of next week. :biggrin:

Good Luck!!!
Guys i just got an interview for land economy omg omg omg !!!
Reply 95

Congrats :smile:
Are you from the UK ? Did you receive your invitation by e-mail ?
I'm applying for Medicine. Hi. :smile:
Hi I'm applying for Phys NatSci.

Anyone know if interviews sent by post or email?

Any other NatSci applicants?
(edited 8 years ago)

Very well done!

Did you receive news via email, the St John's portal, or by mail?
Reply 99
Original post by Random1357
Hi I'm applying for Phys NatSci.

Anyone know if interviews sent by post or email?

Any other NatSci applicants?

They're posted, but John's have been late getting them out :/

There's a few NatSci applicants about the place I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending