The Student Room Group

Why did this girl stop talking to me?

Dear all,

I had been messaging a girl I'd met on Tinder for a few weeks now, and we'd arranged to possibly meet up sometime this week for a coffee.

On Sunday night, she messaged me stating that she had been busy all weekend and had been unable to message me. I replied with:

'Aw okay. Did you have fun? :smile: And nothing much really, it's been quite a boring weekend to be fair haha. But yeah I think it'd be good to meet up sometime and I know somewhere nice where we could meet if you like?

Half an hour later, I send a further message:

Out of interest, where did you go for the birthday night out? And as I say, working on my book over the weekend as usual :smile:

Since then, I have had no response whatsoever from her and have noticed that she hasn't been on Tinder for quite sometime. After I sent the message, she was active for a bit and then was inactive for two or three days, before becoming active again. Still, she hasn't replied.

Yesterday at about 8 pm, I sent her a message on Facebook, just asking how she was as I had notice she had been off Tinder for quite sometime. She read the message almost immediately, but did not response.

I am obviously confused as prior to this she seemed very enthusiastic about meeting up and getting to know me. Now, I don't know what to think and I would appreciate any advice anybody can offer. I have been thinking about possibly waiting a couple of weeks and sending another message.

Scroll to see replies

If I were you I'd leave it and move on. You've sent three messages and she's ignored them all. If she was interested she'd reply. So leave it and look for someone new
Original post by Anonymous
Dear all,

I had been messaging a girl I'd met on Tinder for a few weeks now, and we'd arranged to possibly meet up sometime this week for a coffee.

On Sunday night, she messaged me stating that she had been busy all weekend and had been unable to message me. I replied with:

'Aw okay. Did you have fun? :smile: And nothing much really, it's been quite a boring weekend to be fair haha. But yeah I think it'd be good to meet up sometime and I know somewhere nice where we could meet if you like?

Out of interest, where did you go for the birthday night out? And as I say, working on my book over the weekend as usual :smile:

Since then, I have had no response whatsoever from her and have noticed that she hasn't been on Tinder for quite sometime. After I sent the message, she was active for a bit and then was inactive for two or three days, before becoming active again. Still, she hasn't replied.

Yesterday at about 8 pm, I sent her a message on Facebook, just asking how she was as I had notice she had been off Tinder for quite sometime. She read the message almost immediately, but did not response.

I am obviously confused as prior to this she seemed very enthusiastic about meeting up and getting to know me. Now, I don't know what to think and I would appreciate any advice anybody can offer. I have been thinking about possibly waiting a couple of weeks and sending another message.

There's your problem, sounds like she's just feeding her ego with matches and not looking for anything serious.

Bet you £10 she's chatting to other guys on that app.
Dear all,

First of all, you know all too much the specifics of what she reads, when she gets on, how long she's been away, when you sent the message...damn...

secondly, she's not responding! move on, kid.
It's Tinder lel, it happens. Move on.
she's deffo lost interest, move on buddy
Women are crazy.

Also, it's Tinder, what do you expect?
Reply 7
We were talking on Facebook as well. She hasn't removed me from Tinder or Facebook yet, although I suspect she simply just doesn't want to meet me for whatever reason. Then again, how else do you expect a 22-year-old girlfriend-less never-kissed-a-girl virgin to react?
She's just not that into you.

It's some random you messaged a bit on Tinder and FB, if she stops talking to you that's your sign to move on.

We were talking on Facebook as well. She hasn't removed me from Tinder or Facebook yet, although I suspect she simply just doesn't want to meet me for whatever reason. Then again, how else do you expect a 22-year-old girlfriend-less never-kissed-a-girl virgin to react?

With some restraint.

Nothing less attractive than the stench of desperation.
(edited 8 years ago)
She's a whore, talking to other guys.
Hi, have you thought about getting her IP address so you can track her down better?

That's how I met my current gf and we are very happy together 😘

Dr Love xxx
Original post by Dr. Love 69
Hi, have you thought about getting her IP address so you can track her down better?

That's how I met my current gf and we are very happy together 😘

Dr Love xxx

I wouldn't go that far! But obviously if somebody stops talking to you for no reason, out of the blue, wouldn't you be a bit curious as to why?
Dear all,

Give it a while, she might be extremely busy or something
No longer interested in you
She probably has another guy inside of her right now and both of them are laughing at 'this creep on tinder'
So do you think it might be worth trying again in a couple of weeks? Asking her if she's alright and seeing what the problem is?
Original post by greysmilexx
Give it a while, she might be extremely busy or something

I hope so! :frown:
Dear all,

'aw', 'haha', strong use of emoticons, 'working on my book' trying to qualify yourself to her. Come on bro.
So do you think it might be worth trying again in a couple of weeks? Asking her if she's alright and seeing what the problem is?

DON'T message her again unless she messages you.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
'aw', 'haha', strong use of emoticons, 'working on my book' trying to qualify yourself to her. Come on bro.

But I'd messaged her for weeks with the same amount of emoticons and 'haha'. Perhaps you're right, it was the 'aw' that did it.

Quick Reply

Latest