The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

What does UCLs task consist of this year, if no one minds sharing? :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by spz
The UCL task is to create 6 drawings, with a theme of either "inside to outside", "closer to further" or "thresholds and transitions".

I do the IB, got an offer from Edinburgh today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? Still waiting on Edinburgh - and all my other choices!
Original post by B1998
I'm currently doing this years task for ucl which is to do 6 six drawings based around one of three themes "inside to outside" " closer to further" or "thresholds and transitions". Are there any hints/tips you could give for this as you were successful last year

Ah these are actually so interesting..'
Are you required to only pick one theme??
Reply 83
Hey!
I applied to UCL, too. Received the task the following day after I submitted my UCAS application and sent it off a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone received any offers from Bath or UCL?
Alsooo, I have yet to choose my 5th choice, but cannot decide between Edinburgh, Sheffield or Cardiff. I would like to know other opinions, how would you rank them? Has any international applicant received an offer from any of them?
Reply 84
Original post by nairline
Ah these are actually so interesting..'
Are you required to only pick one theme??

Yep only one. I've chosen inside to outside and have a few ideas now. Do you know if they're looking to see how imaginative you are with the theme rather than your actual drawings skills?
Reply 85
Original post by smbeech
When did you apply? Still waiting on Edinburgh - and all my other choices!

I applied a month ago
Reply 86
I am in year 12, by A2 I'm hoping to achieve an A in Maths, B in Further Maths, B in Physics and a B in Product Design.

What universities would I be able to get into? My dream has always been bath but highly doubt I would get accepted!

Recently, I have been thinking that I need to start my portfolio for applications, would this be needed/helpful?

Sorry for all the questions and I thank anyone in advance. Any advice at all would be amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
I sent off my UCL task one week ago and i received a interview letter today!
Reply 88
Original post by Elza_sa

Aw well done! If you don't mind me asking, were your 5 minute and 15 minute drawings just really rough or were they quite neatly done?
Original post by Elza_sa

That's amazing, congrats :biggrin:
Can I just ask what your predicated grades are?
Reply 90
I just drew them normally within the time limit, not particularly sketchy or neatly.
Original post by SJB215
I am in year 12, by A2 I'm hoping to achieve an A in Maths, B in Further Maths, B in Physics and a B in Product Design.

What universities would I be able to get into? My dream has always been bath but highly doubt I would get accepted!

Recently, I have been thinking that I need to start my portfolio for applications, would this be needed/helpful?

Sorry for all the questions and I thank anyone in advance. Any advice at all would be amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

Most universities entry acquirements are grades C and above. So, so far so good :smile:

Having a portfolio is highly recommended. You can show interviewers what your different range of skills and techniques and how you want to pursue your dreams. It's important to have a Portfolio/showreel to show people what you can do. :smile:

Here's something that can help you with the acquirements to a portfolio and interview. Click Here

You can check us out if you wish, we are based in London near the o2 arena. Feel Free to check us out. Here's a link to our main page, Click Me
Click Here for our Architecture course.

Hope this helps
Kay
Reply 92
Original post by spz
The UCL task is to create 6 drawings, with a theme of either "inside to outside", "closer to further" or "thresholds and transitions".

I do the IB, got an offer from Edinburgh today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Do you know if they want the work you do for the task to be architecture related or not? And is it just drawings or can we paint etc. because I'm so clueless :/
Reply 93
My predict grades are A*A*A in Maths, art and physics.
Reply 94
Original post by Elza_sa
My predict grades are A*A*A in Maths, art and physics.

Cograts on getting an interview! no wonder you got one to be honest! You're set up pretty much perfectly for architecture!:smile:
Where else are you applying? - how far have you got with their application processes?
Reply 95
Original post by ambighak
Congrats! Do you know if they want the work you do for the task to be architecture related or not? And is it just drawings or can we paint etc. because I'm so clueless :/

On the brief it says to either use pencil or pen. I didn't really do anything architectural at all. Don't think I did too well on the task though..
Hi guys! Has anyone heard from Edinburgh yet? I really want an offer!
Reply 97
Original post by spz
On the brief it says to either use pencil or pen. I didn't really do anything architectural at all. Don't think I did too well on the task though..

Okay thanks! I'm so stuck for ideas and they want it by 3rd December! :frown:
Original post by shalinidevix
Hi guys! Has anyone heard from Edinburgh yet? I really want an offer!

Yep, I've gotten an offer (for 34 in the IB). I think I got it about 6 weeks after I applied. I'm sure you'll get it soon if your personal statement and grades are good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cowie
Has anyone done/ is doing the portfolio for Sheffield Architecture?

Just submitted!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending