The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PkT1991
Congratulations to all those who have been offered an interview!

Quick question, how will you all intend to prepare for the interview bearing in mind that you have just under two month's to prepare?

Thanks!

PS. still no word from Bham; and got my first rejection at KCL this weak–so really anxious!

I'm just going to do a lot of extra reading and make sure i compile a lot of knowledge on each of the sections in the interview and practice on reflecting on all my experiences as some I've done so long ago so i really need to think about what I've learnt etc
Original post by h21
Interview here too! Monday 19th, 10pm. Still lots of places left I see!

What month is it in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eli.win13
What month is it in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll be January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DT17
So are we hopeful of more invitations today?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but thinking that if I don't hear today it's a "no"
Original post by millie2008
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but thinking that if I don't hear today it's a "no"

i was reading the information pack that i got with my interview and it said there would be a set of interviews in february so if you don't hear now you may be in the second group and decisions aren't sent out until march
Original post by Catherine1193
i was reading the information pack that i got with my interview and it said there would be a set of interviews in february so if you don't hear now you may be in the second group and decisions aren't sent out until march

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know :-)
Reply 46
i also chose 12 pm - but on the monday. i hope our slot can still go on the tour....

Hi, I have the same interview slot as you...Mon 18th Jan at 12 midday :smile: I think the tour is at 2 and the MMIs should last under an hour so we should deff be able to go on the tour. If you don't mind me asking, what degree have you done? I have just graduated from pharmacy and now doing my pre-reg in hospital.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows whether Birmingham ask for a record of work experience like some of the other unis are doing.
Original post by Mully09
Hi, I have the same interview slot as you...Mon 18th Jan at 12 midday :smile: I think the tour is at 2 and the MMIs should last under an hour so we should deff be able to go on the tour. If you don't mind me asking, what degree have you done? I have just graduated from pharmacy and now doing my pre-reg in hospital.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows whether Birmingham ask for a record of work experience like some of the other unis are doing.

I'm really hoping we do as i haven't actually seen the medical school or campus! i did a degree in biomedical science . pharmacy sounds good. if you want to message me or add me on Facebook let me know. we can maybe chat before interview and it would be good to have a familiar face on the day to ease the tension
Hey, for those with interview offers, has your UCAS track been updated yet?

Also, there should be more offers going out soon as they interview until Feb :smile:
Original post by vickakion
Hey, for those with interview offers, has your UCAS track been updated yet?

Also, there should be more offers going out soon as they interview until Feb :smile:

Have any more offers gone out? I'm still waiting to hear and am trying to figure out whether to give up hope for this year and start prepping for the GAMSAT...
Reply 50
Hey guys, i've made a Facebook group for the Birmingham GEM 2016 entry (on the advice of a Brum medic friend) which would be useful for getting in touch, etc.

If you search "University of Birmingham GEC Medicine 2016" on fb :smile:
Original post by zb_mw
Hey guys, i've made a Facebook group for the Birmingham GEM 2016 entry (on the advice of a Brum medic friend) which would be useful for getting in touch, etc.

hey thats awesome but its not coming up. can you post a link for the group if possible?
Reply 52
hey thats awesome but its not coming up. can you post a link for the group if possible?

I tried to the other day, but TSR blocked my post for some reason! I'll try again
Reply 53
Reply 54
Hey guys I've got my interview on the 18th of January at 12pm! Anyone else on this date and time?
Hope preparation is going well.

I've also just joined this Facebook page, would be great if someone could accept me onto it!

Original post by zb_mw

Original post by yanjac
Hey guys I've got my interview on the 18th of January at 12pm! Anyone else on this date and time?
Hope preparation is going well.

I've also just joined this Facebook page, would be great if someone could accept me onto it!

Same date and time as you :smile: I'm so nervous already
Reply 56
Does anyone know the rough start date for this course? The website just says "September" which isn't very helpful :/
Reply 57
Original post by smb18
Does anyone know the rough start date for this course? The website just says "September" which isn't very helpful :/

Hey - when I applied on UCAS it said the start date was the 1st of September 2016... nice and early
Original post by h21
Hey - when I applied on UCAS it said the start date was the 1st of September 2016... nice and early

i think thats just generic for universities to say the first of september. last year freshers was only mid september based on the 2015 thread but the graduate course may start earlier before freshers... not sure.
Reply 59
Original post by smb18

The start date is likely going to be the Monday 12th September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending