The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Does Biology A , chemistry A, psychology A & Spanish A, make strong application as it's without Physics or Maths ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Hey guys, hope interviews have been going well. I had my interview / offer for 2015 but I decided to defer my entry until 2016.

Just to give you an idea of time scales - my interview invitation came on the 10th Dec, my interview date was 22nd Jan and I got my offer on 10th Feb. I have a friend who didn't have his interview until the end of February. Hope this helps
Original post by zb_mw
Hey guys, hope interviews have been going well. I had my interview / offer for 2015 but I decided to defer my entry until 2016.

Just to give you an idea of time scales - my interview invitation came on the 10th Dec, my interview date was 22nd Jan and I got my offer on 10th Feb. I have a friend who didn't have his interview until the end of February. Hope this helps

Thank you! I had interview invite late November and my interview was the 18th so I hope that means I hear soon then
Reply 83
Original post by RomanKing
Does Biology A , chemistry A, psychology A & Spanish A, make strong application as it's without Physics or Maths ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that you have As in both Biology and Chemistry is a pretty awesome; i'd be confident about my application. But then again, you'd need a first of a very high 2:1, i think 67% and above, to apply.Not sure what different physics and maths would make, it's worth emailing admissions.Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by zb_mw

Hello and thank you for taking the time out to post this. It definitely helps!
Congratulations on getting an offer, you're probably looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 85
Hello there I'm irene and I'm 25!
I'm working as an hospital cardiac technician . I'm thinking about GEM but I'm so confused! I did my A levels in Italy 5 years ago with no great grades and I just graduate with 2:1 in cardiac physiologist . I've no volunteering expletive though . What are my chances to get a place and also what about fanancial help during GEM?? I'm hoping to apply at Birmingham as I could stay home and commute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IreneB
Hello there I'm irene and I'm 25!
I'm working as an hospital cardiac technician . I'm thinking about GEM but I'm so confused! I did my A levels in Italy 5 years ago with no great grades and I just graduate with 2:1 in cardiac physiologist . I've no volunteering expletive though . What are my chances to get a place and also what about fanancial help during GEM?? I'm hoping to apply at Birmingham as I could stay home and commute

Posted from TSR Mobile

birmingham have strong academic focus so you need to meet their minumum grades on the website and show that you push yourself. you have great experience though even though its not volunteering. maybe try get a few days in other areas or do a short volunteer thing and you will make a good candidate for GEM. the bulk of my experience was paid work
did anyone else have a heart attack when there was an email from birmingham MMI- and then it was only a survey.:colondollar:
Reply 88
Original post by Catherine1193
did anyone else have a heart attack when there was an email from birmingham MMI- and then it was only a survey.:colondollar:

haha, i didn't get the survey, but i always get a mini heart attack when i get a notification about an email from UCAS. So, you aren't along.

The wait is killing me, I was sure they would have responded by now!
Reply 89
Has anyone not heard anything since the generic "we are still considering you" email from the 18th of November?
And has anyone been rejected for any other reason than not already having finished their degree?
Original post by Ronron12
Has anyone not heard anything since the generic "we are still considering you" email from the 18th of November?
And has anyone been rejected for any other reason than not already having finished their degree?

I still haven't heard anything :/
Reply 91
Original post by KirstieW
I still haven't heard anything :/

Makes me feel better that I'm not alone...

I haven't lost hope yet- Birmingham do multiple interview batches and the inactivity on this forum makes the think a lot of people still haven't heard and there may still be interviews coming.
Reply 92
Just got a rejection, no interview
Reply 93
just got rejected from Bham (101). I hold a high 2:1 undergrad (biomed), a masters from Imperial and a PhD in Cancer research. I also fulfil all the other requirements ..have loads of work experience. My personal statement was checked and approved by an interviewer at a university.... I teach MBBS and Biomed course at a university as well.. I have published several papers and my publications are on pubmed..

and yet I got rejected..

don't know what to say or think

Good luck guys
Original post by mzip201
just got rejected from Bham (101). I hold a high 2:1 undergrad (biomed), a masters from Imperial and a PhD in Cancer research. I also fulfil all the other requirements ..have loads of work experience. My personal statement was checked and approved by an interviewer at a university.... I teach MBBS and Biomed course at a university as well.. I have published several papers and my publications are on pubmed..

and yet I got rejected..

Good luck guys

Did you even have an interview ?
Wtf your situation right there makes me lose all hope !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mzip201

and yet I got rejected..

Good luck guys

You have interviews elsewhere I take it? And I hope. With your credentials ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Looks like Bham is finalising their 2016 GEM applicants. I think if no one has heard back at this point it's most likely that you were unsuccessful....

But maybe, just maybe..... there is still some chance for a late Feb interview!

Goof luck all!
I just got a rejection too, boo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Just got a rejection :frown:

Going to ask why tomorrow. Hopefully i will get an answer that isn't generic.

Pretty heartbroken, but might as well put energy into preparing for my 2017 application. This was my 2nd year in a row as well. Need to start job hunting.

Medicine for me, is the dream and cannot imaging doing anything else. I for one, am not giving up just yet.

Good luck to everyone for next year.
Original post by mzip201

and yet I got rejected..

Good luck guys

Do you have significant clinical experience? Just a thought - might be worth building that area of your application if not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending