The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Hi everyone!

Thanks for popping along to the BU forum. We're setting up this thread for anyone that's thinking of applying to study with us in 2016. You can ask us questions, chat among yourselves, or meet other people from the course you'd like to study.

To get the ball rolling, perhaps you'd like to tell us your name and what you're thinking of studying.

Have a great weekend!

Katie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thankyou very much.

I am awaiting the decision after my interview at Bournemouth Uni.I had a question regarding accommodation.
Do you provide single gender accommodation (on campus/nearest to campus).
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
I'm Nicole! I'm applying for Adult Nursing. I sent off my application yesterday and got an acknowledgement. Anyone else heard anything? :h:
Original post by CSNK
Thankyou very much.

I am awaiting the decision after my interview at Bournemouth Uni.I had a question regarding accommodation.
Do you provide single gender accommodation (on campus/nearest to campus).

Good question! Some of our flats in our Halls of Residence and Unilet properties are for single sex occupancy. When you choose your accommodation through the online system, you'll be able to see the ratio of male to female residents. Just make sure you choose a room in a flat that specifies all male or all female. Hope that helps!

Katie
Reply 4
Original post by Bournemouth University
Good question! Some of our flats in our Halls of Residence and Unilet properties are for single sex occupancy. When you choose your accommodation through the online system, you'll be able to see the ratio of male to female residents. Just make sure you choose a room in a flat that specifies all male or all female. Hope that helps!

Katie

Thanks
I'm hoping to submit my application by the end of the week, what happens once you at the university receive it?
Reply 6
Hi everyone!

Thanks for popping along to the BU forum. We're setting up this thread for anyone that's thinking of applying to study with us in 2016. You can ask us questions, chat among yourselves, or meet other people from the course you'd like to study.

To get the ball rolling, perhaps you'd like to tell us your name and what you're thinking of studying.

Have a great weekend!

Katie

Hello Katie,
I have given an interview Two weeks ago.How long does it take for the outcome to be conveyed? I would like to make a decision soon
Original post by CSNK
Hello Katie,
I have given an interview Two weeks ago.How long does it take for the outcome to be conveyed? I would like to make a decision soon

Hello,

Well done on getting an interview and I hope it went well! Which course were you interviewing for? The time is takes to reach a decision can vary, but if you could let me know which course it was then I can try and get a more accurate time frame for you.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Katie
Original post by AmeliaDragon
I'm hoping to submit my application by the end of the week, what happens once you at the university receive it?

Hi AmeliaDragon,

There's some really helpful information on our website about what happens next, so hopefully that will answer your question. As a rough guide, we'll aim to make a decision within 6-8 weeks. Is there anything else you'd like to know?

Katie
Original post by dragonsonmars
I'm Nicole! I'm applying for Adult Nursing. I sent off my application yesterday and got an acknowledgement. Anyone else heard anything? :h:

Best of luck with your application Nicole! Let us know how it goes.

Katie
Reply 10
Hello,

Well done on getting an interview and I hope it went well! Which course were you interviewing for? The time is takes to reach a decision can vary, but if you could let me know which course it was then I can try and get a more accurate time frame for you.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Katie

Thanks Katie.I have applied for PhD at Faculty of Science and Technology,(PhD studentship)
Original post by CSNK
Thanks Katie.I have applied for PhD at Faculty of Science and Technology,(PhD studentship)

I've just spoken to the Graduate School, and they told me that they're still short listing at the moment, as it's very competitive! They hope that you'll have an answer next week, or at the latest the week after. Hopefully it won't be any longer than that!

I hope you hear soon and best of luck.

Katie
Reply 12

Hi im Angela! i have also applied for Adult Nursing and have an interview on the 16th of December....so you will hear back very soon, good luck! :smile:
Reply 13
I've just spoken to the Graduate School, and they told me that they're still short listing at the moment, as it's very competitive! They hope that you'll have an answer next week, or at the latest the week after. Hopefully it won't be any longer than that!

I hope you hear soon and best of luck.

Katie

Thank you very much. This BU forum has been really helpful. :smile:
Original post by Angela02
Hi im Angela! i have also applied for Adult Nursing and have an interview on the 16th of December....so you will hear back very soon, good luck! :smile:

Awh that's awesome, congratulations and good luck! I've just heard back a minute ago! I have mine on the 15th! So happy right now:biggrin:
Original post by CSNK
Thank you very much. This BU forum has been really helpful. :smile:

Glad to hear we've been of help! We've also got a Facebook page for anyone thinking of joining us in 2016, so we'd love to see you over there.
Awh that's awesome, congratulations and good luck! I've just heard back a minute ago! I have mine on the 15th! So happy right now:biggrin:

Good luck to both of you!
Original post by emilieneville
I applied to the Media and Communications course earlier today, I received grade A C C C at AS and am predicted A B B at A2. I wondered if you had any idea how long the response time is? Thank you

Hi Emilieneville,

You've probably seen our reply to your private message, but just thought I'd reply to this too in case anyone else would like to know! We aim to respond within 4-6 weeks, but this can really vary. I hope that helps!

Katie
Hi Luke,

Good question! You can find out about the Bus for BU on our website including a network map and timetable. I hope that gives you the information you're looking for! Just let me know if you have any more questions.

Katie
Reply 19
Hi Katie,

I just sent off my UCAS application for the CVA and CAA (Animation) courses today, and have just received confirmation from them that admissions have it! I was wondering, is the 4-6 weeks response thing the response time for interview offers or place offers? And also, how much warning will they likely give me before an interview (like will they invite me to come the weekend before or a month or two beforehand)?

Thanks! Sian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending