The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'm Katie.

For Computer Animation Arts what does the Admissions test consist of during the day of interview?

Thanks.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
How do I practice for the Maths and Logic tests for my interview. I panicked. What kind of questions are asked. And what is the criteria of marking?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatiePrenx
Hello, I'm Katie.

For Computer Animation Arts what does the Admissions test consist of during the day of interview?

Thanks.

Hi Katie,

You can find all the information about Computer Animation Arts interviews on this webpage, so hopefully that will give you a good idea of what to expect!

The maths test is multiple choice and is to GCSE level. I'll see if anyone has any suggestions for how you can practice beforehand.

The logic test involves reading a paragraph of text and using reasoning to determine the correct answers.

One of our students also made this comic strip about a day in the life of an animation student, so it might be worth a look.

I hope that helps and best of luck with your interview!

Katie
Original post by KatiePrenx
How do I practice for the Maths and Logic tests for my interview. I panicked. What kind of questions are asked. And what is the criteria of marking?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Katie,

I've had a chat to the Programme Administrator for that course, and he said that the multiple choice maths test has questions about things like trigonometry, algebra and geometry. The logic test explores your technical competence.

He also said that we can't really give any more information about the tests, as we need to see what standard you are currently at - sorry! I hope that explains it all a bit, and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Katie
Original post by jjb396
I recently just sent off my application about 3 weeks ago. Bournemouth University studying business being my first choice too :smile:

I've recently accepted a conditional offer and put Bournemouth as my firm choice to study international business, may as well try and get to know people while I can before going! :smile:
Reply 85
Hi Alisha,
I had my interview last week. How long after your interview did you find out?
Congrats bu the way.....what was the condition?
Reply 86
Original post by Bournemouth University
Congratulations Alisha!

Hi Alisha,
Original post by laurendearden
I've recently accepted a conditional offer and put Bournemouth as my firm choice to study international business, may as well try and get to know people while I can before going! :smile:

Congratulations Lauren!

Let me or any of the other ambassador know if you have any questions!

Thanks
Chris :biggrin:
Original post by jaime87
Hi Alisha,

I found out after 6 days so I was really lucky and again with the conditions really lucky! I'm doing an access course and all I need to do is pass it, but that's probably because I've done a BTEC in the past so pretty much already have the grades! Good luck! Let me know how you get on! 😊
Reply 89
I was wondering if someone could give me more information on BU's 'academic excellence scholarship' ? It says you need to get AAA or equivalent, which is 360 points.. does this mean you have to have 3 a levels or 3 btec grades? or does it apply if i have 2 btec grades (2 distinction stars) and an a level grade. (aka a mix of qualifications) would really appreciate a detailed answer to this!

thanks
Original post by tvh1997
I was wondering if someone could give me more information on BU's 'academic excellence scholarship' ? It says you need to get AAA or equivalent, which is 360 points.. does this mean you have to have 3 a levels or 3 btec grades? or does it apply if i have 2 btec grades (2 distinction stars) and an a level grade. (aka a mix of qualifications) would really appreciate a detailed answer to this!

thanks

Hello!

It's great to hear that you're looking at scholarships. Hopefully you've already seen this webpage, but what you need to do is achieve the equivalent of AAA or above at A-level, or DDD or above at BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. There's a really handy table here that tells you exactly which grades you can mix to get the award. If you scroll down to the bottom, it explains about A-level and BTEC mixes.

The scholarship is automatically awarded, so you don't need to apply. Plus, there are an unlimited number, so everyone eligible will receive the award.

I hope that's answered your question! Is there anything else you'd like to know?
Katie
I recently accepted my unconditional offer making it my firm choice and I was wondering when I get to decide on accommodation? Also, could you tell me what the difference is between the standard and premium rooms in Cranborne house? thanks
Original post by BronsPayne
I recently accepted my unconditional offer making it my firm choice and I was wondering when I get to decide on accommodation? Also, could you tell me what the difference is between the standard and premium rooms in Cranborne house? thanks

Congratulations on your offer and great to hear you've accepted it!

You'll have to wait a little while before choosing accommodation I'm afraid, and we'll tell you everything you need to know by email. Dates haven't quite been confirmed yet, but we usually open stage one (registering your interest in accommodation) in the spring, then you can progress to stage two (actually choosing where you're going to live!) from around June. As you have an Unconditional Firm offer, you'll be able to book your accommodation in one of the slightly earlier releases, rather than waiting until results day.

And to answer your question about Cranborne House - standard rooms have a single bed, while you get a four-foot bed in the premium flat, plus a bit more storage space and a rather nice heated towel rail in the bathroom. Hope that clears it up for you!

You can look at the different accommodation options on our website, and you might also want to take a look at this honest accommodation breakdown from one of our student vloggers.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?

Katie
Done!!!! Bournemouth: Computer Visualitation and animation (firm: conditional offer) anyone else applying to CVA or CAA? :biggrin:
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hello!

It's great to hear that you're looking at scholarships. Hopefully you've already seen this webpage, but what you need to do is achieve the equivalent of AAA or above at A-level, or DDD or above at BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. There's a really handy table here that tells you exactly which grades you can mix to get the award. If you scroll down to the bottom, it explains about A-level and BTEC mixes.

The scholarship is automatically awarded, so you don't need to apply. Plus, there are an unlimited number, so everyone eligible will receive the award.

I hope that's answered your question! Is there anything else you'd like to know?
Katie

thank you so much! this was really useful :biggrin:
Hello! I've recently received an unconditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Bournemouth :biggrin: I'm absolutely thrilled, however I have just made a mistake on myHub.I've just uploaded an additional reference thinking it would be separate from my two referees, but it has instead gone under the name of my second referee who is yet to post her reference. There is no option on myHub for me to delete the reference, does anyone know what I can do? Thank you
Reply 96
Original post by Bella2806
Hello! I've recently received an unconditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Bournemouth :biggrin: I'm absolutely thrilled, however I have just made a mistake on myHub.I've just uploaded an additional reference thinking it would be separate from my two referees, but it has instead gone under the name of my second referee who is yet to post her reference. There is no option on myHub for me to delete the reference, does anyone know what I can do? Thank you

Congratulations on your offer. I am starting at Bournemouth in September for Children's Nursing. I suggest you contact BU directly and explain what happened. I am sure they can sort it for you.
Original post by Ximena Roldan
Done!!!! Bournemouth: Computer Visualitation and animation (firm: conditional offer) anyone else applying to CVA or CAA? :biggrin:

Yeah got an unconditional for CAA:smile:
Original post by BronsPayne
Yeah got an unconditional for CAA:smile:

omg!! thats awesome!! congrats! :biggrin:
Hey :biggrin: I accepted my conditional offer for CVA :biggrin: its my first choice! hope to see you all there in september :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest