The Student Room Group

Woman flushes newborn down TOILET!

Scroll to see replies

Just imagine growing up and being told you are blind and deaf because you were flushed down the toilet by your own mother. Oh wait, they will never be told since they are deaf and blind. The poor baby would have been better off just dying.
Reply 61
She definitely shouldn't be allowed to stay in contact with the child until he is old enough to decide for himself
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Obviously what this women did is far more reprehensible than calling for her death/torture, but that doesn't mean that wishing death or pain upon her is right or has any benefit. What would her death accomplish, really? Certainly her actions cannot be undone. If we understood what it is that makes people do such heinous things, rather than just viewing them as "evil", as some essentially inhuman entity, we could probably prevent far more innocent suffering than may ever be prevented by just killing anyone who commits a terrible crime.

You just summed up why you people are wired wrong. You can not contemplate that someone can be evil. You think humans possess the ability to be good, yet not evil? In what world does that make sense. They are polar opposites. One does not exist without the other. You make excuses for evil scum with rubbish like "They have a disease", "They have an abusive background" or "They did it by accident". Well news flash, people can possess the ability to be evil, you people just have "the ability to be naive and stupid" to not realise so (unless it applies to right wingers, zionists, bankers, UKIPers ect.)

Original post by Danz123
You shouldn't kill anyone as it helps nothing, and hell doesn't exist. Besides, even if it did, why should someone deserve an infinite punishment for a finite crime?

I don't believe in hell but if it did exist I hope those who have caused intentional suffering suffer for eternity and you know what I could not even care less.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gears265
I don't believe in hell but if it did exist I hope those who have caused intentional suffering suffer for eternity and you know what I could not even care less.

You've tripped yourself up there, since 'intentional suffering' also includes those who dish out retributive justice, meaning the death penalty since that's an intentional affliction of pain. I have a question though, if you advocate the death penalty so strongly, could you be an executioner? Would you be able to drop the guillotine on this woman's head, or give her that lethal injection, maybe hang her from the neck until death? If you are then fair play, however that means you'd deserve to be in hell alongside her.
Original post by Danz123
You've tripped yourself up there, since 'intentional suffering' also includes those who dish out retributive justice, meaning the death penalty since that's an intentional affliction of pain. I have a question though, if you advocate the death penalty so strongly, could you be an executioner? Would you be able to drop the guillotine on this woman's head, or give her that lethal injection, maybe hang her from the neck until death? If you are then fair play, however that means you'd deserve to be in hell alongside her.

That depends, what we deem intentional suffering and suffering by justice.

I don't see why I couldn't give a lethal injection to a disgusting human being like the murderers, pedophiles and rapists who walk this earth. But I won't need to, it is very much possible to have a machine do thy bidding. And it would not be a job opening I would be interested in, but some people would.
I'm amazed how she can claim that it was an accident. She claims she didn't know she was pregnant and she gave birth in the toilet. Seriously? Is a large stomach not enough of an indication?
It was for the bantz, so its live.
Reply 67
Original post by hellodave5
So... she didn't know she was pregnant?

I had a bloated tummy jusy now from eating a slice of cake, even I realised how I looked. Now being pregnant ... nah ... she wouldn't even feel it!
Reply 68
Original post by Gears265
That depends, what we deem intentional suffering and suffering by justice.

I don't see why I couldn't give a lethal injection to a disgusting human being like the murderers, pedophiles and rapists who walk this earth. But I won't need to, it is very much possible to have a machine do thy bidding. And it would not be a job opening I would be interested in, but some people would.

So you got a person A.

Person A is being severely bullied by a bunch of people (I.e intentionso suffering). So person A kills tthese people making him a murderer. Now person A is killed for causing intentional suffering against those who caused intentions suffering against him. But hang on wasn't person A just following your mentality?
She should not be allowed to stay in touch with the child after what she has done to him.
That's a very bad crime. Honestly, if that happened here in Texas, I can almost guarantee you that she would be receiving a lethal injection if she were found to be of sound mind. Of course, if it was post-partum depression or psychological instability, then she needs serious help.

Crimes like this help you understand why the death penalty exists, even if you're on the fence about whether it's morally justified or not.
Original post by Eggs20
So you got a person A.

Person A is being severely bullied by a bunch of people (I.e intentionso suffering). So person A kills tthese people making him a murderer. Now person A is killed for causing intentional suffering against those who caused intentions suffering against him. But hang on wasn't person A just following your mentality?

That depends on intentional suffering and suffering by justice, did you not read my post?
That somebody would even think of doing that is disturbing
(1) this is very sad

(2) it is not in itself an argument for violent retribution, even if the natural human reaction is to want to do her harm in return
Original post by jeremy1988
Crimes like this help you understand why the death penalty exists, even if you're on the fence about whether it's morally justified or not.

If you're a nutty Texan, perhaps it does. I don't think in general civilised society a woman committing infanticide rallies people to the pro-capital punishment camps.
Original post by saxsan4
This horrible and evil woman flushed her new born down a toilet.
Th child has been placed in care and has suffered brain damage, is deaf and nearly blind! This is the most cruel act i have ever seen!

Article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296625/Newborn-suffered-brain-damage-mother-toilet.html

omg, some sick women do not deserve children!
Why is she allowed contact with the child?!
Original post by callum_law
If you're a nutty Texan, perhaps it does. I don't think in general civilised society a woman committing infanticide rallies people to the pro-capital punishment camps.

Well, I saw people earlier in the thread talking about incinerating her. So at least some people do think her crime is that bad.

As I said, I don't necessarily think it's morally justified. But I understand why people feel that some crimes deserve death.

I'd definitely agree that your society is more civilised than ours, though. Kind of hard to deny that.
Reply 78
Original post by jeremy1988
That's a very bad crime. Honestly, if that happened here in Texas, I can almost guarantee you that she would be receiving a lethal injection if she were found to be of sound mind. Of course, if it was post-partum depression or psychological instability, then she needs serious help.

Lol, that reminded me of a really long conversation I had with one of my friends from Cyprus while I was in England. He kept making fun of Texas's death penalty and "insisted" (he was joking) that if he were to park his car in the wrong place in Texas, he'd get the death penalty. This went on for a few hours but with different examples (long story), and I don't think I'll ever forget it :'D
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The luxury of life? Her life doesn't seem to be that great to be honest!

But it's still hypocrisy, teaching people it's wrong to be violent by inflicting violent punishments on them, makes sense.

They havent grown out of the way of screamig and shouting like their ancestors or even apes. If they maybe took the time to actually analyse the situation and think before they spurt such violent **** it would be alright. But no they assume she was a fully normal person going and shoving a baby down the toilet, people in the right state of mind do that these days right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending