The Student Room Group

Offers help

I have always wanted to do law so I am set on that course choice, but uni wise I'm having real problems :frown:

I got really great GCSEs (which I know isn't really important) but my AS Levels went terribly wrong, for a few reasons. I got DDDE, I've dropped the E subject now, but I've realised this has really limited my uni offers as even when I've done the resits - it will be too late for offers to change. So basically I'm relying on my predicted grades which I hope will be BBB.

What is the highest entry requirements I should aim for?
Original post by BubbyGirl
I have always wanted to do law so I am set on that course choice, but uni wise I'm having real problems :frown:

I got really great GCSEs (which I know isn't really important) but my AS Levels went terribly wrong, for a few reasons. I got DDDE, I've dropped the E subject now, but I've realised this has really limited my uni offers as even when I've done the resits - it will be too late for offers to change. So basically I'm relying on my predicted grades which I hope will be BBB.

Hey, I know this must be upsetting for you and I completely know how you feel as my AS grades weren't as good as they could have been either. Were there any underlying issues that caused you to achieve below what you expected or did you just not adapt well to A level's intensity? I would say apply to BBC unis/BCC unis, so you have insurance choices just in case you don't get BBB come results day. Also, have a really aspiration uni so for you that would be a BBB uni and then have your lowest choice at around 260 UCAS points, something like that. And there is still hope, I've heard of people not doing so well at AS and then completely turning it around at A2, it really can be done. Don't lose hope honestly, not all hope is lost. Have a discussion with your teachers about things you can do to improve in each subject and maybe think about trying new revision techniques and your attitude to learning.
Hope I helped x
Reply 2
Original post by Remainresilient_
Hey, I know this must be upsetting for you and I completely know how you feel as my AS grades weren't as good as they could have been either. Were there any underlying issues that caused you to achieve below what you expected or did you just not adapt well to A level's intensity? I would say apply to BBC unis/BCC unis, so you have insurance choices just in case you don't get BBB come results day. Also, have a really aspiration uni so for you that would be a BBB uni and then have your lowest choice at around 260 UCAS points, something like that. And there is still hope, I've heard of people not doing so well at AS and then completely turning it around at A2, it really can be done. Don't lose hope honestly, not all hope is lost. Have a discussion with your teachers about things you can do to improve in each subject and maybe think about trying new revision techniques and your attitude to learning.
Hope I helped x

Thanks very much for your response :smile: Basically i've been a top student my entire education and just plummeted at AS, I didn't adapt well and I'm kinda having a difficult time - home life... etc but I know I can't just put that and expect the uni's to understand but anyways. I feel I can really pull it out the bag for A2 but I just hope uni's don't look at my AS grades and disregard me?? Is that likely?? Thanks so much I do feel a bit better though
Since you have 5 choices. Have 1 of them be a sort of 'dream' choice, perhaps ABB.
The other 4 could be a mix between BBB - BBC or BCC. Being a mix of the unis you would like to get into and insurance choices.
Hope that helps!
Original post by BubbyGirl

You would really be better off applying after a gap year, with known results which you are (presumably) hoping to be better after resits. I'm not a big advocate of league tables as a rule, but law is a course where it does actually tend to matter where you went, and you may fare better if you don't just go to anywhere that will take you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending